Sign in to follow this  
Gary S

bilge pump location

I have a 1999 1810V.  My bilge pump is original and I want to replace with a new unit.  Can anyone tell me where the pump is located and best way to access it for replacement?  Also what size pump and brand would be best.

Thanks

Gary,  I have the same boat and mine is located directly below livewell.  It is a rule 1100 and has auto switch. Pie hole is the only option that I can see.  You can remove by carefully pulling on the electrical wires to the pump, change out, reconnect and reach as far into the pie hole and place.  Then take the end of a broom handle,  coming from the area where the oil tank is installed and slide the pump into the center of the area below livewell.  At least that is how I changed out mine.  Someone may have a better idea but this way was simple to do.

You need to replace the round inspection plate in the motor well if that is what is back there.  Put in a large rectangular hatch.  Before you put the new hatch in, replace the bilge pump.

• Like 1

Mine is a T-H Marine.  But it has been reported in here that they no longer have them.  Do a search here.  I think Just Fish just replaces his.