21. Winair 2200VL PF

22. Oh, its you Bob, 18 RF

23. Benzo 18 HPX-V

24. ScammerSnook HPX-Tunnel

25. Lil Bingo 21 MA

26. Salt Aire

27. Got1on 2200V-TE PF

28. Where's The Fish? HPX 18

Just a reminder, Folks !! Registrations need to be in by August 30th.. The link to the registration page is down on Page 3 of this thread, posted by Charlie Johnson.

Woodsie

This will be my first OT, and I'm really looking forward to it, and meeting some of the fine folks on here. I would like a little clarification on rules:

"The tournament allows a maximum of 20-pound test breaking strength for fish caught using natural baits. No more than one rod per angler or six rods per boat, whichever is greatest, is allowed."

Can a larger #test be used with artificials?

More importantly: 2 guys on the boat = 2 rods? If so, cool; a rule's a rule. And, that gives me an excuse to get a new rig!

Seriously though, that precludes taking a spin outfit and a Fly rig -- right?

It will be great to meet you !

To answer the questions.. No.. 20 lb test is the max for the tournament. You can use heavy leaders, but the rules say 20lb max.

No to the second half.. You can have 6 rods on your boat.. Just be careful, though.. If you are too serious about the rules, you can have penalty points ***sed :P .. Trust me when I say, come down and fish the area and enjoy the company. You need to catch some fish, as raffle tickets are based upon your catch.. The raffles have been amazing.. Just amazing prizes from the sponsors..

Each year there are a couple of anglers, who by their nature, are superior. The good anglers get blown to bits by the numbers that these guys are capable of. It is a pleasure to hear their stories and marvel at the pictures.

CMon down and enjoy your boat !

We all like Bud Light, by the way.

Marc

Thanks Marc, I appreciate the clarification. I'll be fishing inshore so 20# is really heavy enough for anything I'll be targeting. I'm going to bring 9wt and 7wt fly outfits and a couple of med. action spinners. I misread the deal on how many - ("which ever is greatest") so I'm good on what to carry.

I'm making the switch to more inshore from offshore and this is my first flats boat, so I don't expect to do a heck of a lot on the fish. I'm more interested in the fun part and meeting guys that know this stuff so I can start learning. --Look forward to meeting you.

This will be my first OT, and I'm really looking forward to it, and meeting some of the fine folks on here. I would like a little clarification on rules:

"The tournament allows a maximum of 20-pound test breaking strength for fish caught using natural baits. No more than one rod per angler or six rods per boat, whichever is greatest, is allowed."

More importantly: 2 guys on the boat = 2 rods? If so, cool; a rule's a rule. And, that gives me an excuse to get a new rig!

You are now at a serious disadvantage because you have made reference to acknowledging and an having a desire to follow the rules. :susel: :susel: :susel: :susel: :susel: :susel:

Limitless,

The rules have been the same for a long time but I have seen a 23 come in with about 42 rods and I think there still were a couple of empty rod holders... the more you talked about the rules or started getting too serious the more MHP would penalize you. No need to buy new line for your reels if your over 20#. Family' fun and enjoying all the tricked out MHPCs is what it's all about. Some are serious... most are not... but all have fun.

where's the fish will be up for two awards this year with that 1st post.

Rick

Woodsie (MWoods) and I fished one rod only with 1.200 yards of 80 lb braid, an initial breakaway 20lb sinker, 3lbs of permanent weight and a 300lb top-shot last year one of the two days. We were also almost in a position to watch Castro mow his back yard. The SPOT "ok" signals we sent regularly to my concerned spouse keep me in trouble to this day. Her entire staff of 7 would gather once/hour to see how far we were.

The 409 hump was a 1/4 of the way to our destination and we blew by the big boys who were the only ones out there. We were the smallest boat on the pond by HALF at THAT point and we left the humps, the shipping lanes, and the dolphin anglers who were way out all in our wake by 1/2 way. We believe they thought we were drug-runners.

We were told if we found success, that we would automatically win the whole thing. The 3-5/4-6' seas from three different directions really made running difficult. But - the adventure of going 50 miles each way - dead South :o in the indestructible 23DV will be one we will never EVER forget. We went off the edge of the GPS screen/chip and past the point that the LCX16-CI could see the bottom, then we ran 20 min more. We would have 2 6' seas come together to 8'++ off the bow, climb em, and have em just drop out from under the hull. Adventures of anglers, men, or fools....I don't know.

But I would never trade that trip for anything. We pulled narry a bite and didn't fish for a long time because of my hip problems and the washboard seas, but the feeling of not being able to see anything or anyone for hours of running offshore is a humbling and sobering affair. Luckily, taking turns at the helm, we did the 100 miles and the day resulted in a couple 3 dolphin on the way in as we fished likely looking spots and structure here and there. We went back to 20lb for that. Luckier, Bud Light is like Popeye's spinach for us, and we were able to rouse ourselves for the evening's festivities.

I couldn't lift my leg high enough to get out of the boat and fell into a hammock where I slept for an hour on our return. We were both burnt sugar-cookies from the salt spray, but the Two Knotty never stuffed and never faltered. It is very sad not to see 23DV listed to the left anymore :( . I doubt there has ever been a wet test of the proportions the Two Knotty faced that sunny day. I still swear it is the finest 23 on the water.

Bring ALL your rods and just fish. We are the boat with the 42 rod holders! Marc, enjoy the room we won, I am sorry I can't be there with you. I'll be exercising the new hip along with the rest of me with dreams of a monster for 2011. We figured out the rig and technique - we could just use a little bit of smoother sailing and I'll be bringing bigger bait!.... :) Man I am really going to miss it this year.

BS

...I doubt there has ever been a wet test of the proportions the Two Knotty faced that sunny day. I still swear it is the finest 23 on the water.

No hyperbole there, Dan ! It was a helluva an adventure, and I am glad to have done it. Do you remember our dessert that night: A cherry Klondike and 3 Advils.

We will miss you & Cathy (and the 42 rods bristling the Two Knotty !) Heal-up Quickly.

Woodsie

There are rules!?

I am sooooo jealous! We canceled today. Last year was our first and we looked forward to this year all year. I blew out mu acl and mcl in May jumping off the boat at the ramp. My doctor who I fish with and has a PF22 said " No way you wouldn't end up in the hospital after the OT". Since I want to miss the knife I had to take his advice. Then he even called the admiral and told her! I didn't know retirement was a full contact sport! God willing we will see you all next year!

Winair, it is about 20 miles due north, but if you don't know the route, don't go alone. Florida Bay is beautiful, but you need to know what channels to take, etc.

But, there is so much of everything in Islamorada that it will take a month just to explore around there. One of my favorite places on earth. Have fun. Trying to get my sons to come down and do the 2011 OT with me.

Archived