Bamaskeet

3 battery wiring diagram

Where do most connect other electronics, i.e. radios, gps etc. Mine have always been to the 24v side.  Has always worked fine. Last year bought Ulterra to replace I pilot TM and when I hit the rabbit the Clarion and sometimes the GPS shuts off. Have new 27 series Ultima Blue Tops, TM is hard wired and all wiring and grounds have been checked and or replaced. Any thoughts

I have never heard of anyone running electronics, or anything else off the 24V (or 36V) trolling motor circuit except for the trolling motor.  I know the Ulterra is very sensitive to it's voltage needs, so it needs good batteries, wiring, connections, etc. 

I have always run a back-up bilge pump and my depth finder straight to one of my trolling motor batteries. The instillation manuals for most depth finders suggest wiring straight to a battery and not to the 12 volt distribution panel to eliminate electrical interference. However, my trolling motor is a hand control not the newer multi functional version.  

Needs to be a sticky.

I set my 17ma like this, haven't tested starting off oF the tm batt, but makes me feel better knowing it's a possibility.

If I have a two bank charger to recharge the 2 trolling motor batteries, could I also charge the cranking battery by selecting "Both" on the battery select switch?

On 3/6/2017 at 0:17 PM, JEM said:

I have never heard of anyone running electronics, or anything else off the 24V (or 36V) trolling motor circuit except for the trolling motor.  I know the Ulterra is very sensitive to it's voltage needs, so it needs good batteries, wiring, connections, etc. 

JEM ; The 225 SHO is so fast on your boat, you can't read the gauges anyway....