Proud new owner

wayne

Very nice Wayne, but I couldn't help but notice you have a swing tongue with the winch mounted forward of the hinge. Mounting the winch forward of the hinge is contraindicated by the manufacturer of the hinge. My trailer came that way from the trailer factory, but after reading about the torque/stress exerted on the hinge, I moved my winch back behind the hinge. Think about the torque put on the hinge when the boat is winched up tight, then couple that with the added stress of big bumps in the roadway plus tongue weight and you can see that the hinge is supporting all that torque.

Mine looked exactly like yours when I took delivery of the trailer. I eliminated the front winch stand and mounted the winch on the bumper stand. The pic is when I was trying to figure it out, that's why you see clamps and tape. But, ended up mounting it there and has worked fine for 3 years.

DSC00554_zpshyaoljrm.jpg

I changed my boat in my profile but my signiture still has my old boat. . I have not been able to find where to register as a owner either...  my whole rig needs some tweeks,, I forsee my trailer going back to ameri-trail for some dry launch features. ...  I have enough batteries to be an electric powered skiff...  it runs good,  but I think I can get more out of it once I lighten it up some. ..

Archived