1900v "wet feet"

Can someone please elaborate on the scupper issue please? I know an easy fix is to plug them, but I read in another forum that if not plugged, a 1900 will take on water sitting at the dock with no one in boat?  Please tell me this isn't true because I will keep this boat in the water all the time and if I have to plug the scuppers 24/7, the boat isn't self bailing and rain water will accumulate. 

Matbe there is a one way plug or something??? 

Did some research and sounds like the rabud scuppers took care of the problem and this wasn't specific to any particular model. This explains why nothing came back when I searched. 

So is this rabud scupper reliable enough to trust a boat left at a slip 24/7? Thanks!

18 hours ago, Fish_hook said:

It will not take on water sitting at the dock, once you get in it you will want to put the plugs in the holes because it will take on a LITTLE BIT water... 

Good to know and my lappy Hewes was the same way and it wasn't a big deal.  I was concerned when I heard water would come into the boat while at the dock w/o anyone in the boat for obvious reasons.  This would mean the boat isn't self bailing and I'd never keep a boat in the water that wasn't self bailing.  

I have a 1810 pathfinder and I'm not sure if the 1900 is set up the same.  On mine,  where the pvc drain pipe exits the boat,  if you clean out the old caulking and reseal with 4200 it will stop it from leaking.  I also do the inside of the deck where the pvc pipe is.  My bilge would come on 1-2 times over the course of 5-6 hours of fishing.  It took me a long time to figure out where the water intrusion was at.  Problem solved.  Now every year,  I repeat this process and that was definitely where the problem was at.

Have a friend with 1900v....just as reddrum stated, take out pvc fittings, clean all the factory caulk out and re- seal with 4200 and problem solved....with two guys around 200 lbs, you will need to put plugs in while sitting still if both of you are fishing out the back. Once you pick up to run, pull them out if you happen to have water in cockpit. 

Archived