Need help with my MinnKota TM

Fish Food

I have a Riptide ST 101, it is about 5 years old.  Was working fine last weekend.  This Saturday when I went to deploy, it beeped and lit up like normal.  However, when I tried the remote I could increase the thrust numbers, the GPS worked and had the antenna bars and speed of the boat, but I couldn't engage the propeller or turn the motor or use the anchor feature(and probably some other functions).  When I got back home, I checked and all batteries are fully charged.

If anyone has an idea what to check, I would appreciate it!

OK.  So, I checked a couple things.  Voltage at plug is fine.  Checked the remote battery=fine.  Changed it just in case.  No difference.

What seems to be happening is there are 5 buttons on the remote that work and all others do not.  With one of them, the constant speed button, I actually can turn the prop.  So, to me, it seems that the remote is acting up since the two communicate and the GPS antenna signal is working on the remote as well.  Opened up the remote, could not visually identify any issues.  Also, when I am in my house, if I push one of the 5 still working buttons, the remote wakes up.  It does not with any button that does not work.  

I am going to call MK on Monday.  Anyone have a good place to get another remote in SF?

Thanks!!!

Archived