Finally, a little success

whichwaysup

Hey Mullet - 

It's been hard going to find those trout!   We are in Wilmington itself.  Not trying to be vague, but with netters trolling these forums, want to be pretty careful about what I share on the general forum!   Love it down here, but it will be hard to imagine the fishing being better than the Pamlico.  That place is NUTS if you can find the fish.  

Best advice for this area is be mobile. We have some excellent fisheries within an hour or so drive in different directions, as well as in the backyard.

And wasn't trying to get any info on your fishin area in my previous post. Sorry if it came off that way, not my style. My livewell looked pretty similar to yours yesterday! 35yrs born and raised here. I'm on the north east end of town, Ogden area.

Hey Mullet!  Great to hear you are in the area!   We need more folks posting and keeping this thread popping.   Are you running an MBC boat?  Would love to see some more Mavericks around!

Don't worry - I didn't take your question that way - just learned (the hard way) what happens when you post stuff up here that is too specific.   Less an issue on this forum, but on some other ones, the wrong post can get all kinds of unwanted friends!

Mullet - nice  - will look for you out there - what color?

Nag - DEFINITELY - just say the word (after I get the tilt fixed! see below)

Hit them again this a.m. - managed two more 16" fish on top before 8 a.m., tons of action, but they were all short striking.  Got one of the two on my flyrod on a popper - man, that's just a good time!

Bad news, though, looks like my tilt/trim has locked up on me in the up position.  The main piston won't come down (the other two immediately engage, though).  Any recommendations on someone reasonable who could get me back on the water?

4 hours ago, whichwaysup said:

Mullet - nice  - will look for you out there - what color?

Plain white, two stroke Yamaha. Nothing special nothing fancy....prefer to just blend in.

When you hit your trim switch, does the trim motor make noise? Or just click? Or nothing? I would imagine it is something simple....

13 minutes ago, Mullet Dredge said:

Plain white, two stroke Yamaha. Nothing special nothing fancy....prefer to just blend in.

When you hit your trim switch, does the trim motor make noise? Or just click? Or nothing? I would imagine it is something simple....

Posted a question in the "general" forum, but here's the description. I had the motor fully up, with the single main piston fully extended.  When I went to lower the engine, the piston retracted about an inch, and then stopped moving.  At that point, the two trim pistons engaged (but obviously, the engine remained tilted.   After I manually lowered the engine, the main piston worked fine again.

Archived