NEED SOME IDEAS 1994 16 tournament restore.

dillonmay

Picked up a beautiful bright red lappy bonefisher tournament and had a few questions before i begin to restore.

The hull is in good condition but has a few gel coat cracks here and there that are down to the fiberglass. getting it all fixed up this week. the deck and floor are also not perfect and have a few spider cracks around the corners and some pretty noticeable cracks around the poling platform where it looks like the past owner may have ran into a bridge at a slow speed. the deck in front of the center console flexes A LITTLE if you look very hard. is this normal or a sign that my deck needs to be replaced soon? also where your feet sit on the corner of the gutter (for lack of a better term) that runs to the self bailing drains, there seems to be a soft spot. id like to beef it up a little, get the major deck cracks filled then paint the deck (keeping the hull original) with awlgrip... thoughts? also entertaining the idea of seadeck but i think the original deck looks better.

other things im considering: popup push pole holders but not sure if i want to cut into the deck, underwater running lights, power pole, etc. any other ideas would be great. it has a trolling motor, push pole, all the usual stuff.

I reworked my 1994 Tournament last fall.  Stuff I did:

• rewired all
  • new fuel lines
  • 2 Seablaze x underwater lights
  • LED shark style nav lights http://www.livorsi.com/catalog/led.htm
  • LEDs under gunnel
  • LEDs inside all hatches
  • new VHF 
  • Reclaimed Garmin 3210 with a 600w xducer from another project
  • new digital gage (tach only)
  • JBL PRV175 round gage style BT stereo - these are cheap and last a couple of years..plus easy to install and access
  • Seadek on the whole boat - If I had it to do over again, I would have gone with a little darker color on the topsides to reduce stains.  I also have seadek under the gunnels that you can't see in the pictures.  
  • wet sanded the hull - came out like new

Next up is a repower with a new 4stroke suzuki.

IMG_0967.JPG

IMG_0971.JPG

IMG_0972.JPG

IMG_0969.JPG

Archived