20 Pathfinder Performance and Prop

Seacraft06

I just picked up a 2005 20 with a four stroke 2010 Yamaha 150 last weekend. Got to run it a bit today and got me  wondering. What hole does everyone else have this setup mounted at and what prop are you running? What kind of numbers does your setup give you? 

I noticed the bow is definitely a little light. I am also getting some cavitation when turning. Seems to be more so when I turn left. Less so when I turn right. 

Thanks for the help. Want to get her dialed in!!

image.jpeg

Not sure on motor height on mmine right now but im running a power tech SCE4 19".  the semi cleaver design is recommended for the 20' as it lifts the stern and helps prevent porpoising.  I think the Prop is about perfect for performance when running in calmish waters  with a  light load.  With me in the boat full tank of fuel lg & small coolers iced down and all gear it hits 5600 RPM and is running 45-46 mph.  Ill probably end up going with an 17 or 18" in the same prop... I think itll make a positive difference when running with heavier loads and also help when I run in rough stuff offshore when I cant go much faster than the minimum speed to stay on plane

12 hours ago, craSSh said:

The boat from Ingman.  I called about it but was too late.  Great looking boat.   What I'm seeing with 19' and 20' PF is that a 4 blade works really good with these.  Good luck with it.

Yea I left a deposit the day I saw it and called. Think I got a decent deal. It is clean. Just changing some stuff to set it up to my likings. I am going to look into a four blade. Here she is at the sandbar today. 

image.jpeg

On 6/18/2016 at 9:09 PM, FINCHASER said:

I believe this is the Go-To setup for the 2000V.  Same on mine with similar performance.  I can get 50 mph from time to time, but the wind has to be just right !.

Quick out of the hole and no cavitation to speak of.

Archived