Front Hatch Shock Bracket

Capt. Tyler

So I'll try to explain this the best I can.  

I have a 2005 22TE.  

In the front hatch, there's a hook shaped bracket that the bottom of the gas shock hooks to.  My rusted through but cannot seem to find a replacement ANYWHERE.  

Seems even Pathfinder doesn't sell them anymore.  

I've tried to utilize other bracket styles with no luck.  

Anybodh know where I can find one or how I can rig something that will work?  Thanks.  

I just went through this on my 24TE, the starboard rod locker bracket broke. Unable to find a replacement!

I pulled both sides of the bracket off which required me to remove the hatch, then had the small bracket welded back together. It seems to be a design flaw as it is only a tiny spot weld when they are manufactured. Once it was cleaned up and an appropriate weld was made it works as new, only a bit beefier!!

Hopefully you have enough metal left to weld it, mine was not rusted, it just had the spot weld break from the tab.

Jim  

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 0:03 PM, J J said:

It is an Attwood crescent bracket for a gas spring. I can't remember if it is a right or left hand.

Yes, I found them in the Attwood online catalog.  Wish I had known this when I added gas shocks to my boat! 

• 1 year later...

Can someone with a comparable bracket to an 06 PF Tourney front hatch take a picture of their bracket? There’s never been one on my boat and it’s been on my punch list to source. I didn’t see anything at West that looked like it would work. I need the bracket that’s in the hatch, it apparently rusted out

• 1 year later...

Archived