2300 HPS Livewell Timer

Laid Back

While fishing a tournament last Saturday I had the unfortunate experience of losing my cranking battery...and killing my two slot reds (live and learn).  It was my fault, I had either the recirculation pump or fill pump on 100% of the time and only cranked up and moved twice in 6 hours, and both times were very short distances.  My question is, if I wanted to put a timer on my livewell, what options do I have?  Has anyone done it?  Are there other options out there?  Pics would be great also.  

Also, the Louisiana Saltwater Series allows us to bring in extra fish for tagging, which I store in the port release well.  It has worked before without a problem, however, last weekend I noticed the fish were able to knock the drain tube out thus draining all of the water out.  Does anyone have a simple fix for this issue also?  

I installed a Bass Pro brand live well aerator timer on my live well several years ago and it works great and will save your batteries. Cost about $45 and was simple to install. It has variable cycles that you can adjust, example: it runs 3 minutes off 3..... Runs 7 minutes,...off 7 , etc. go online to Bass Pro and put in live well aerator timer..... There are several other brands available. 

In that LA heat and low oxygen environment they often die even with the well running all day. Id look into a house battery setup before doing a timer. The fix for the drain tube popping out would be to specifiy one that screws in, which i did on my new boat. I can run 2 livewells all day and the radio without ever having an issue. I have my cranking and house setup on a blue seas relay which works much like a stealth charging system

3 hours ago, linesider 159 said:

In that LA heat and low oxygen environment they often die even with the well running all day. Id look into a house battery setup before doing a timer. The fix for the drain tube popping out would be to specifiy one that screws in, which i did on my new boat. I can run 2 livewells all day and the radio without ever having an issue. I have my cranking and house setup on a blue seas relay which works much like a stealth charging system

This is the answer.  

Archived