My "new" 2007 2200V

JEM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
38 minutes ago, JEM said:

I could be wrong, but I thought Bob's went to self contained pumps also?????

Edit:  Yep.  I just looked them up, and they do have the pumps inside the jack plate, so totally self contained.

I did not realize that. The Bobs on my boat is the older style then I guess. I am sure they are all fine jack plates. I have no brand loyalty one way or the other. I would just like one that is self contained. 👍🏻

• 8 months later...

Bobs still make both styles.  The only problem with the outdoor pump and controls is salt exposure as with your tilt and trim guts.  My 2018 24 came with the bobs jackplate external.  I  have owned 3 bobs jackplates all of them with internal hardware so this will be a first for me.  

Unfortunately, we had to put him down on January 11, 2018.  He was a good buddy, and even though he was a retriever, and not a pointer, he picked out the woman that would become my wife.  We still miss him, and Debbie won't let me get another lab.

5 minutes ago, FirstPriority said:

So sorry to hear it dude!  I lost both of mine, black and white, within 2 months in '14.  I know the pain.  

This doctor recommends another!  Just show her pics of Big Dave's Maggie May.  She'll melt!

I have tried everything.  I showed her that picture.  Her Shitzu is named Maggie Mae also.   All to no avail. 

Archived