Going back to Power Pole

Eric L

My Talon has now become very unreliable and I'm unwilling to get it fixed again.  I could be convinced to get 2 PPs if I don't have to make too many mods.  I have a 07 24TE with the stock swim platform on the port side, is there enough clearance or will the swim platform have to be removed/changed.  Also a little worried about having two PP pumps and if I'll have enough room in the starboard hatch.  

The 10 sticks up really high and you have to tighten the bushings on a regular basis, otherwise it is good. If you do offshore fishing off the rear it may be something to think about. That extra length is what made me go 10 foot blades over 8 foot when i had powerpoles, but i had a poling platform that was sticking up already. 

Have you looked into the new design talon, much much better design all around and adjustable brackets to get around the swim platform. I have the tilt brackets as well to get under low objects or in the garage. I'm extremely happy with my talons. The old style, which I'm assuming you have, I do not like.

I have two 12' talons.  The boat came with a free power pole (promotion) but I opted for the talons instead.  I tournament fish and I have seen more and more power poles arrive back at the dock with their power poles bungee corded or tied up because of loose bushings/etc. The 12' Talons sit low enough to fish around, and don't stick out too far behind the boat so if a fish is to run around the back of the boat they're not in the way.   *I have no experience with power poles though, so this is just my 2 cents.  

I had experienced the cable coming off the Talon two times too many.....probably good for a lake or somewhere with not much chop or wakes. I took it in for repair and the dealer had quit with Talon because of their representation and now has PP. I switched to PP and it works great and their customer service is fantastic.

Archived