My "new" 2000 17' MA...

DaveC

Just bought this a few weeks ago, have the poling platform off for redo.  Installed Uflex Hyco hydraulic steering, Garmin 73 Sideview and a Minn Kota 70# thrust trolling motor w-remote....  I am hoping to have Bob at Inshore redo the paint soon then new trim tabs and some custom SeaDek.  I also think that I will have the steering wheel and all SS grabs and running lights hydro dipped, what do you think?

IMG_0247.JPG

I'm actually doing a product that is similar to powdercoat on the poling platform that is far more durable its a new product Plasticoat, from the UK and has a mil-spec rating on durability. The platform is getting stripped now then primed and coated, should be seeing it soon! I'll certainly follow up on that, I'm going to do the handrails and steering in a dipped contrasting color / image...  We'll see?  A buddy of mine did the Line X on his boat and trailer, he likes it...!

• 1 month later...

Beautiful boat, Dave!! My brother bought the same model a few years back, a 17MA, same color, and I believe the same year! Lol! He loves that boat! Very stable hull, great crossing open stretches of water. Congratulations on a great find!!! I'm sure there will be a lot of big fish coming over those gunwale's!! Enjoy!!!!

fishmanjj....   I'll send soon, I am having my new Bennett Trim tabs coated in the same silver color as well... Really hoping to get this thing to paint soon, taking awhile but? I will certainly post pics along the way!

• 3 weeks later...

Well....  I finally dropped of the MA with Inshore Marine, Bob is taking it apart now readying it for paint and refit... I am soooo looking forward to getting the boat back and slipping her in the water for a ride... Getting more excited about the finished product,  paint, wrap, new parts all over and a SeaDek finish.  We have already done Uflex Hydraulic steering, Garmin 74Sideview, Bennett Bolt trim tabs, redone the poling platform coating.... I will be adding a Talon before I bring it home and then the only thing that I'll add will be fuel, tackle and my butt...!  WooHoo!  

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Coming soon!  We redid the entire boat, Awlgrip on top, non skid, dark gray console, colored wrap (my company colors), new steering Uflex NaviTech, Mercury Pro XS 115, Minn Kota, Fusion Marine audio, Bennett Bolt trim tabs, Continental Trailer. Inshore Marine did a full electrical with pumps etc., lights...  Bob has been great to work with, I'd recommend him to anyone! SeaDek coming too... I'll do a full recap with pics later! 

• 1 month later...

Well I am on the cusp of getting the Mav in the water, just a few finishing touches then off for a cool new steering system from Uflex and then to SeaDek... Hopefully then to the water at 10K?  Oh, company colors...

IMG_0779.JPG

Archived