Bait store with chum and crabs on way to Choko

I am heading to the Rod and Gun for 4 days of fishing next weekend and want to make sure I have chum and live crabs.  Going to run the gulf for some assorted fishing.  I am driving from Orlando and was wondering a good place route that will have chum and live crabs.  Not sure there is any place in Everglades City or Choko so happy to stop anywhere along the way.  Any suggestions? 

On May 27, 2016 at 9:28 PM, Brent B said:

yeah everglades bait and tackle just before the big tower has crabs, chum, shrimps, and pinsfish. Opens at 6.

Call ahead and reserve on the day before in the morning..they tend to sell out....

They do have nice stuff and full tackle store....plus, Moma  is a looker :)

Just tell'm Don and Dino sent ya :)  She knows us....great family business the two boyz are counting shrimp, and Moma's counting da MO-KNEE !!!

Last week they had a power outage and lost all the shrimp....they called everybody  on order to let them know..it's that kind of people they are...I go back every time I feeesh in Choko.

good breakfast - Island Cafe on the way in....and they have 90 rec at two locations...

Other locations are :

Outdoor resorts - doesn't open till late

Bait Shack - Glades Haveen

Chokoloskee Island Resort

Depending on the day - the shrimp truck tends to arrive between 0530-700....so, plan accordingly.

DC

Archived