2015 2400 TRS Ameritrail trailer - what jack?

Docsuds

Ive been dragging around a floor jack when I'm towing and it's a PITA.  What are you guys using when/if you need to jack this thing up for maintenance or tire change?  I was hoping a bottle jack might work, but there's only about 9.5" clearance.

Suggestions?

TIA

Get a harbor freight piston jack 2-3 ton and carry couple small pcs of wood /plywood or 4c4 to stabilize jack.   Will lift rig easily and way easier to store.  Used mine many times.   remember though harbor freight= low quality tools at low prices :). (Love that place though)

2 hours ago, lotsofknots said:

Get a harbor freight piston jack 2-3 ton and carry couple small pcs of wood /plywood or 4c4 to stabilize jack.   Will lift rig easily and way easier to store.  Used mine many times.   remember though harbor freight= low quality tools at low prices :). (Love that place though)

I agree, a 2-3 ton bottle jack along with a couple pieces of wood.  I normally place the jack between the tires, under the frame, and lift both tires off the ground together.

Linesider's tire Jack gizmo works ok unless you rip off two tires.   Had that happen before on  I-95 due to road debris  so recommend u carry a bottle jack and if not have tow insurance and  be ready to sit & wait.

i tow 200+ miles  routinely and  carry two spare tires,bottle jacks, spare hub greased, vacuum sealed and ready to go for the roadside quick changes.   Tow insurance is back up if all else fails.

keep your hubs greased, check tire pressure every time u tow and keep the rig below 65 mph and you won't have many problems!!!!!

3 hours ago, lotsofknots said:

i use a bottle jack like that for my truck also. a lot easier to deal with than the POS jacks that come with new vehicles. one jack does it all.

Archived