21.5 lb tripletail, and mixed bag

Went out for a few hours yesterday in tampa bay to do some prefishing and ended up getting 2 snook first thing, then had about a 35 inch tarpon cross the bow. Threw in front and it nailed my jerkbait, got about 3 jumps before it cut me off. On the way to another spot I had heard tripletail were around and ran past a few crab pots. Sure enough one was there. Caught my first triple tail and moved onto others.

Ran past one pot and saw what looked like a black drum a couple feet under the surface. I stopped and saw a monster. Tossed my zman shrimp and it crushed it. A few minutes later and realizing I forgot the net, I got it in. My 2nd triple tail ever weighed 21.5 lbs! Ended the day with another small triple tail. 

Went out today a few hours and got around 12 triple tail

20160510_183033_zpslyu5m4m6.jpg 20160510_183044_zpsrtj2csct.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On May 12, 2016 at 10:16 PM, linesider 159 said:

Went out for a few hours yesterday in tampa bay to do some prefishing and ended up getting 2 snook first thing, then had about a 35 inch tarpon cross the bow. Threw in front and it nailed my jerkbait, got about 3 jumps before it cut me off. On the way to another spot I had heard tripletail were around and ran past a few crab pots. Sure enough one was there. Caught my first triple tail and moved onto others.

Ran past one pot and saw what looked like a black drum a couple feet under the surface. I stopped and saw a monster. Tossed my zman shrimp and it crushed it. A few minutes later and realizing I forgot the net, I got it in. My 2nd triple tail ever weighed 21.5 lbs! Ended the day with another small triple tail. 

Went out today a few hours and got around 12 triple tail

20160510_183033_zpslyu5m4m6.jpg 20160510_183044_zpsrtj2csct.jpg

Stud fish, nice catch.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived