Speed of ur Boat? Prop Choice? Need Advice!!!

Wheels On Water

I have a 2013 Hewes Redfisher 18 - Seadek - Dual Power Poles Blades - Atlas Jack plate - Lowrance HDS 7 GPS Fish Finder - 4X Optima Batteries - Minn Kota 80lbs Trolling Motor. The boat is heavy and I'm not getting any hole shot. My top speed is 50-51 at 6100rpm hole shot is about 3-1/2 boat lengths. My current prop is a Yamaha Reliance13-3/4 X 19 pitch. I've been talking to people and they say to go with the Powertech OFX4 15-1/4 X 17 pitch.

Has anyone used there props and what was your hole shot like and top speed.

I'm open to SUGGESTIONS...... I do have a budget so keep it under $700

My Redfish is 30 years older and different hull, so I have no idea what prop fits.  When I repowered I called Marcus directly, gave him boat & engine details, my goals (not top speed, more hole shot) and he sent my dealer a prop. Installed, ran, called him with my numbers.  He hit it right on.  So my suggestion is call them directly

What size motor? If I missed it I apologize in advance.

If it is the F150 Yamaha then that is about right for that Reliance prop. Using a little more tabs when starting may help with your holeshot, but the top speed is dead on. Maybe see if you can borrow a prop in the model you are looking for first from another boater before investing in a new one to make sure it does what you want.

Archived