Garage (and a lil some thing else) build

justfish

Was gonna start this when we started it about a month ago, but the news of an upgraded forum mad e me hold off.  So figured I'd try it out now...

its a 20x30 detached with 9x16 door and French door and porch on pool side to try and give it a "pool house" look...

The whole thing has been done by my Batt chief and I on our off days.. He's incredible at all things construction so is the mastermind behind it, and I'm more of a remodel guy so learning a ton about starting from scratch ..

Didn't take long to find first issue which was the earth in which we had to dig. It's a clay/coquina mix and  We literally used axes for footers.  Took about a week to from up everything due to the terrain

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations on the new fishing partner and while things do change once your kid starts boating it is so cool to see the water through a kids eyes again.  Growing up on the water I didn't realize what all I slowly took for granted until I introduced my wife and now my daughter to it all. 

Congratulations and great job on the garage.

I noticed you have what looks like the combo flush mount cup/rod holders mounted into your casting deck?  I have been thinking about doing the same thing.  How do you like them?

Man, that is awesome on all accounts.   Keeping the boat indoors - such a nice-to-have it almost feels like a requirement once you've had that.  

And, as for your new fishing buddy - man, it just keeps getting better and better.  I've got four fishing buddies - three boys and a girl.  I took them from the time Momma would let me put a life jacket on them, but the really didn't "turn on" until they hit about 7 or 8.  Now they fight over who goes with Daddy every Saturday a.m..   Just posted some pics in the Mid Atlantic reports section and you can see what's in store for you as they get older. 

Congrats!

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 7:54 PM, justfish said:

They are threaded rods epoxied in.  Plans called for one on each corner and very 6 feet.  We did two on each corner and every 4 feet.  You can see them in the later pics I posted if you look close.

Ok, we're good. You know me, I'm all about the details.

1 hour ago, SCFD rtrd. said:

I saw PVC pipe sticking up in the slab. What's that for??

The back left will be a half bath and I'm putting a shop sink in front by garage door. I'm gonna do an outdoor shower outside behind the half bath.  I wanted a bathroo. so people didn't have to go in house when using pool but didn't want to give up shop space for a shower...

Been feeling like the garage has been winning lately. Finally feeling like some progress is being made tho. Done with outside except paint and roof 

Plumbing and electrical up today.  Getting it spray foamed Friday and hopefully roof and drywall next week

image.jpeg

Archived