Quick Trailer Question

nhinshoreangler

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 6:33 AM, nhinshoreangler said:

That was simple, thanks!

Be careful though. Next time you go to take off that replaced stud, it may "spin" in the hub to the point that it may have to be cut off to be removed.

If you can find a slightly larger stud, try using that. If not, try replacing the hub. they are cheap.

Ask me how I know this :/

My trailer gets dunked in saltwater every weekend, so, its a lot of exposure. Once after changing a flat on the road...and ringing off a stud from corrosion, I now apply anti-seize lube on the studs every time I clean / inspect/ wheel bearings. I have not had any problems with the lug nuts being loose and they do not get corroded.

2 hours ago, fishmanjj said:

My trailer gets dunked in saltwater every weekend, so, its a lot of exposure. Once after changing a flat on the road...and ringing off a stud from corrosion, I now apply anti-seize lube on the studs every time I clean / inspect/ wheel bearings. I have not had any problems with the lug nuts being loose and they do not get corroded.

I also suggest you put a little grease or never seize on the back if the wheel where it touches the hub.  I had to beat off a tire/wheel with a boat anchor, while lying on my back, at 4 am.

Archived