Thanks to Master Repair

JEM

• 3 weeks later...

i noticed in the pic of the rod holders inside the console, that they weren't capped and routed outside of the console. as good as all the other work is, did they do this later? if not, then rain water and ocean spray will leak into that pretty console. not a very difficult thing to do yourself either.

2 hours ago, JEM said:

Actually, the floor inside the console appears to have a crown to it.  The water simply runs aft where it runs under the console onto the deck.  I have not found any water accumulating in the console, yet.

mine was the same way and i kept getting a mildew/mold on the walls, especially when trailering in the rain, so i re did mine. great looking rig, they did an awesome job. i know you're proud of it.

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 1:16 PM, smooth move said:

mine was the same way and i kept getting a mildew/mold on the walls, especially when trailering in the rain, so i re did mine. great looking rig, they did an awesome job. i know you're proud of it.

Thanks smooth move, what did you cap the rod holders with?  And how did you run the water outside the console?  When I installed the SS cup holders on the top of the console, I just bought some clear vinyl tubing, attached the tubing to the nipples, and ran the tubes down to the floor at the aft end of the console and let the water run under the console onto the deck.  Have you got a better method to channel the water out of the console?   The dryer the console insides stay, especially of salt water, the less corrosion I will have to fight on the wiring, electrics, etc.....

Thanks,

Jeff

1 hour ago, JEM said:

Thanks smooth move, what did you cap the rod holders with?  And how did you run the water outside the console?  When I installed the SS cup holders on the top of the console, I just bought some clear vinyl tubing, attached the tubing to the nipples, and ran the tubes down to the floor at the aft end of the console and let the water run under the console onto the deck.  Have you got a better method to channel the water out of the console?   The dryer the console insides stay, especially of salt water, the less corrosion I will have to fight on the wiring, electrics, etc.....

Thanks,

Jeff

TH Marine(i think) sells a rubber cap that reduces down to 3/8". you just push the cap over the end of the rod holder and use 3/8" tubing and Tee's to route the water out of the console. i drilled a hole in my console just above the original drain hole and pushed the tubing out thru there. i'll see if i can find a pic. if you can look in a YellowFin console, it's how they do it.

• 2 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2016 at 10:02 AM, smooth move said:

i noticed in the pic of the rod holders inside the console, that they weren't capped and routed outside of the console. as good as all the other work is, did they do this later? if not, then rain water and ocean spray will leak into that pretty console. not a very difficult thing to do yourself either.

Ok, you shamed me into doing something about that.  T-H Marine had the caps including the tee's.  It was finally cool enough yesterday morning to get in the console to put them in.  So, for less than $40, my console should be watertight now.  Thanks for the tip!

attachments[1].jpg

attachments[3].jpg

attachments[2].jpg

Archived