Thanks to Master Repair

JEM

I recently got my 2007 2200V back from extensive repairs/upgrades from Master Repair in Stuart, FL.

It was a pleasure to work with Mike, Rose, Scott, Jeff, Tom and the rest of the crew. When people enjoy what they do, it makes the experience very pleasurable for the customer! Everything on the boat, from wiring, electronics, switches, breakers,pumps, batteries, and even the trim tabs were replaced, along with extensive upgrades such as a MK Ulterra, Atlas jp, 10` Blade pp, LED lights inside and underwater. When I got the boat back, it passed for a brand new boat. If you need updating, or just rewiring, I can highly recommend Master Repair. It was worth trailering the boat down from Georgia!

IMG_1102.JPG

IMG_1463.JPG

IMG_1473.JPG

IMG_1507.JPG

IMG_1515.JPG

IMG_1422.JPG

IMG_1521.JPG

IMG_1513.JPG

IMG_1540.JPG

IMG_1574.JPG

IMG_1541.JPG

IMG_1307.JPG

IMG_1314.JPG

IMG_1362.JPG

Thanks! The wiring job was unbelievable....don't tell Maverick, but they could learn a few things from this shop. The Power Pole pump, as you can see.... you see no hoses or wires running loose. It is all bundled and tied up under the deck....same with the bilge and livewell pumps.....really TIGHT! Even the wires running over the gas tank aren't just laying helter skelter on the tank.....they are bundled and tie wrapped under the deck so they aren't visible if you remove the inspection plate inside the console.

Really nice!! What no picture of Scott? Done four boats with him and never any problems. Used to live in Stuart so it was easy to stop by and bounce ideas off Mike and Scott. I've known him since he was in Ft. Lauderdale and his service to me has been second to none.

I have always been like you, give me a ballpark range. However, it is true that in this case, there is no way because everything on the boat was replaced, right down to the drain plug at the stern and new Boat Tender trolling motor plug at the bow, and everything in between. There is not an incandescent light left on the boat. And my billing doesn't break down the cost that way, at least in terms of labor. They even gl***ed in a 2 inch hole on the helm, and you can't even see it now. If I could tell you, I would PM you a figure, but I really can't. That said, if I had a gun pointed at my head, everything minus the big ticket items like jp's, pp, trolling motor, etc., it could be from a few thousand up to 16 or 18K, for a brand new boat. I really suggest you call Mike, who is a super nice, approachable guy. Just tell him you would like an ballpark estimate, and explain what you are interested in doing. When I took my boat in, I told him the base platform was there to remake a new boat....and he got the idea, and took off from there. Every thing was a collaboration between he and me, with daily phone calls and pictures. He has done so many Pathfinders....he knows them better than the factory....he probably has nightmares about Pathfinders! LOL If you are serious about getting some work done, he's the man. He doesn't over charge...like Wanaflatsfish said, you get what you pay for. I even left tips for his guys for putting up with me. His number is 772-220-7777. Tell him Jeff from Georgia sent you! Uh, no, he might jack the price up! LOL

Thinking more about the cost, for the quality of workmanship and what you get, I think Mike undercharges for his work. I have messed with boats all my adult life, and I am getting long in the tooth! I even had a Bertram 31 COMPLETELY rebuilt, going from gas to diesel and adding a genny, etc., but after all my boating experiences, I can honestly tell you that Mike is as fair on pricing his work as there is! I got

more than what I paid for, IMHO! The only problem now is, I am an extremely hard core fishing guy, and I don't want to mess the boat up with fish scales, blood and guts! Here's a pic of my last fishing trip a few days before Christmas with me and one fishing buddy.

IMG_0876.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Each one is built to order by Boat Outfitters.  They have a page full of "standard" sizes, or they will build one to your specs.  As Mike at Master Repair said of it, it's military.  Meaning, real nice.  They aren't cheap, but top notch quality.  It's so much easier not having to bend over, open a hatch, grab a tackle box, just to retrieve another hook or popping cork.  I love it.  The older 2200V's just had no dedicated tackle storage.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived