Casting Platform for 18HPX

JnamJnam

Hey everyone! I want to add a casting platform to the bow of my 18HPX. I would like to see some of the ones that you guys have on your boats. I want one that clears the trolling motor and does not have to be put on the front hatch. I already contacted TNT boat works for a quote. I just want to see some of the different styles you guys have.

This is the one I had made. Getting a platform that you can use a trolling motor AND not be on the bow hatch is a stretch unless it's very small. I don't use a trolling motor so it's not a big deal to me but I can put the entire platform on the hatch if I needed to. Birdsall has a hardware kit that you can mount to the hatch lid to facilitate this, otherwise I use the cleat up front. Something to think about is getting a platform made large enough that you can put a striping basket up there with you. When it gets windy it's hard to drop line into a basket that's two feet underneath you on the deck. Plus, you can put the basket in front of you, on the platform and cast to wherever the fish is, either side of the boat, and not worry about having to contort all different ways trying to strip line into the basket on the deck.IMG_0351_zpswmkgr0ek.jpg

IMG_0475_zpswtntqfpz.jpg

Archived