Hawks cay

jra1357

Yes, I've done it many times. Mainly had my offshore boat there. Have used the HPX also. It is great stepping out the back of your condo and you are fishing. (have actually caught one of my largest poons directly from the dock, not to mention a few large bulls). If you wait to long you will not be able to get a slip on the water. You may have to leave it on the trailer in the trailer parking or over flow lot. Once you book your room/condo you will need to contact the marina to book the slip. Be clear that you want the boat directly behind your condo. I was surprised I had to do that but found out the hard way. Hawks cay is great both for the family and inshore or offshore. With the city of marathon just 10 miles down the road you will have a bunch of real good eats close by. Best of luck in your trip.

I trailered my boat to Hawk's Cay several times. I kept it on the water. I don't know if they will let you keep your boat on the trailer, you may want to call the marina. It is very convenient to have the boat on the water in the small boat basin versus having to launch every day. Again, check with the marina for availability and prices. Either way, after you launch, you will need to put your trailer in the boat trailer parking lot which is a 10-15 minute walk from the marina. If you can find someone with a golf cart at the marina to give you a lift, you will be very happy about it. It is good to do this with someone else so they can watch the boat as you park. It is a great resort and really nice to have the boat in the water while you are there.

We have always kept ours in the water. If there are no slips we always seemed to get dock space within walking distance from our rental unit, although I could not see the boat. Great place to relax and the bridge fishing is unreal at times.

3 of my biggest bonefish were on the flats just outside the boat ramp basin!

Enjoy

Jim

Archived