Seat back cushion install ??

Limitless

For those with a seat in front of the console with a back cushion, how is it fastened to the console. I have a Redfisher that uses the Engel cooler as a seat but I haven't put the back cushion on yet. I have seen the method where a large hole is cut in the console and the cushion covers it, but I'm not crazy about that idea. I have been thinking of just screwing through from inside the console to mount it, but it seems like it would need to be removable for cleaning underneath it. Also thought about snaps or even heavy duty velcro. Any ideas?? Thanks!

I just took mine off to have it recovered and was wondering the same thing. The back of my backrest has a hard shell body and seems to be made from a piece of acrylic or starboard. There are 2 quarter size holes cut into the back of the starboard seat body and it slides down over 2 clips that are screwed into the front of the console that face upward. There is a flap sewn onto the bottom of the cushion that snap onto the console to hold it down. It's rock solid and can be taken off easily for cleaning. I know I did a horrible job explaining that so let me know if you need pic's...

Thanks for the ideas and comments guys. I just saw one of the new Cobia bay boats and it has a hole about 12" x 15" cut in the front of the console and the seat back is screwed on to a hatch cover that closes to cover the hole. It has a two plano box tackle station attached to the inside of the hatch cover that fits inside the console. There is a gasket around the hole that seals it and keeps water out. I may try to rig something like that.

Archived