1/2 ton towing 24 or 26 pathy

FINCHASER

Apples and oranges.

The EB is a much better motor than the ol 5.0.

My truck with the tow package is @ 10,800.

Agreed a 2500 is a big step up but Fin is looking at the 5.0 v EB.

The EB get all its torque by 1900 rpm .

Just like a diesel .

High torque at low RPM .

Perfect for highway and ramp .

The lower number on the 5.0 does not happen until 4500 rpm .

Basicly WOT .

When do you ever do that .

Never.

Do not listen to the hype ( this motor is unproven ) thats crap !

Ford almost did not even offer the 5.0 last year .

This is all IMHO !

I pull a 23' bay boat LOADED to the gills for camping and extended trips and the EB is flawless .

Just my $.02

Good luck Fin

PS I put a Diablo tow tune in 1.5 years ago and it added 90 hp & 90 ft/lb.

Minor investment ... Huge imptovement !

🇺🇸💀

Peak torque is 2,900 rpm, not 1,900.

I had the Ford F-250 6.4 diesel....pulled my 2400PF with no issues , switched to GMC 1500 Z71 with tow package. I'm near 8 or 10 boat landings within 10 miles. No issues with power or braking and gas is cheaper than diesel. If I were towing several hundred miles each time...I would stick with diesel. My longest trip is 75 miles one way, and only a few times each year, I just keep it around 65 mph because the Yankees on I-95 have no respect for motorcycles or trucks pulling boats.

I towed my 2600 HPS with a long bed, 4 door, F-150 with the 6 cyl ecoboost for 3 years. The truck worked really hard all the time and therefore, I had to work hard while driving. I believe if I had put load range "E" tires on it, it would have done better but the engine was always taxed. I tow the boat about 2500 miles/year. I bought a RAM 2500, 4WD, 4 door, long bed w/6.4 Hemi. (I didn't want the diesel) I'll never go back to a 1/2 ton truck. Towing is a piece of cake as I now feel the truck is doing the towing instead of the boat doing the pushing.

I towed my 2600 HPS with a long bed, 4 door, F-150 with the 6 cyl ecoboost for 3 years. The truck worked really hard all the time and therefore, I had to work hard while driving. I believe if I had put load range "E" tires on it, it would have done better but the engine was always taxed. I tow the boat about 2500 miles/year. I bought a RAM 2500, 4WD, 4 door, long bed w/6.4 Hemi. (I didn't want the diesel) I'll never go back to a 1/2 ton truck. Towing is a piece of cake as I now feel the truck is doing the towing instead of the boat doing the pushing.

That seems peculiar.... wonder if you had the high gears in the rear axle (3.31) and no tow package? Ive done some math and a 26 should weigh around 6500lbs with full tank all gear & trailer which really is not a lot in the towing world.

Well, it's was a lot behind the 150. It had the towing package. I think the soft suspension, soft tires, not enough low end torque/HP with the 6 cyl eco made it work hard; lot's of shifting. I'm sure a V-8 would have helped. None the less, towing with the 2500 is like a sunny day in park....

Archived