Trim tab help?

oxman

Ok found out yesterday my port side trim tab will not go down on my 2004 redfisher18. It makes a rough noise but doesn't move. Firstly where is the pump? Are these inside the cut out on the transom? They are inset and look to be behind a couple of screws, but is the actual pump in there to?Is there a trim tabs 101 to trouble shoot these and get parts?

Thanks

If they have two wires going into the top they are electric lenco tabs if you have hydraulic lines and a pump they are hydraulic.There should be two small wire harness one going towards each actuator than a small wire harness attached to the top of the actuator. I hope this helps. Joe R

How to I get them off? The person at Lenco said to not take off the brackets but to pull the pins. But my pins are like plastic and nothing to grip in and no room to get anything in there. Do I then take off the brackets ? But they are 5200 in there. Plus the wire goes through the top bracket so I am thinking I must take the bracket off. Anyone ever do this and have any pointers? Thanks

one of my lenco tabs stopped working once too. I removed the pins with a screwdriver and a hammer. When i removed the top cap where the wires go in i noticed the insulation on one wire was stripped off a little and had some corrosion on it. So I cut out that bad area, pulled more wire through and re connected it and now all is good. Its pretty simple even if you have to replace it.

. I removed the pins with a screwdriver and a hammer.

Yep, it is that simple. If you have recessed tabs it might be easier to take the tab off with the bracket them punch the pin out, not much room in the tab pocket to work. Also might want to put new pins in while you are there.

Ok, went for it last night and took actuator off. The cable is another story that will be tonight. it is glues in there an di cant get to it from my small hatch. But the actuator came off "fairly" smooth. The hardest part was I left the boat on the lift and did it all half upside down and hanging over the back of the boat. Thanks for the replies guys!

Archived