bulkhead patch

smooth move

not PF related, but i'm patching a leak in my bulkhead. really needs replacing, but not in my budget now. was leaking at the joint of two lots. dug it out and drove in new boards behind the existing boards and laid new felt. back filled and hoping for 3 or 4 more yrs. thought you guys might be interested in the work. couldn't have done it with out help from some incredible friends.

We had a leak at our property line too. There is supposed to be a retaining wall perpendicular to the bulkhead at each property line but ours was just cables and rotten wood. We had to put in a concrete retaining wall by Tiki building code. That cost us about $2500 I think.

I was on the water before sunrise Saturday morning. It was a beautiful morning. I caught a quick spec trout on the north end of Caranchua and didn't catch anything else for the next hour and a half!! I moved over to Finger Reef and picked up a small sand trout and a big spec trout. Wind picked up about 10:30 so I headed to the house.

Fished 4" plastic shad in Chicken on a Chain color.

check out the north shoreline between Greens Cut and Mecom's Cut. as you work out from the shoreline, when you get to 4' of water there is a bunch of scattered shell clumps. we got a trout for every 5 gafftops. we were chunking shrimp. won't have as many cats on arty's. ssshhh---don't tell anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

I just repaired a similar issue with a bulkhead joint between my property line and my neighbor's in Rockport. We looked at going the route of removing quite a bit of concrete to get at the joint but found a company called Uretek that injects a two part urethane foam through several small holes to fill the voids. They pump the foam in under pressure until is seeps out all gaps and then it expands when it drys. This process will actually push the concrete back to the original location if it has settled.

The repair was just done this week so time will tell if it holds up. It was quite a bit less expensive than going the concrete removal and replacement route.

A couple of You Tube videos from Uretek:

Fished Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings before sunrise. Got a lot of thumps and caught 5 or 6 trout, sheepshead, croaker and a 25" redfish. Caught the redfish and a 20" trout on the 4' flat on the north shoreline between Mecom and Green's just as mentioned before. The reds (and maybe Gaftop) were chasing bait all over that area. Fished with plastic shad in Chicken on a Chain color. You aren't bothered by trash fish when you fish artificial. 😀

Fished Friday, Saturday and Sunday mornings before sunrise. Got a lot of thumps and caught 5 or 6 trout, sheepshead, croaker and a 25" redfish. Caught the redfish and a 20" trout on the 4' flat on the north shoreline between Mecom and Green's just as mentioned before. The reds (and maybe Gaftop) were chasing bait all over that area. Fished with plastic shad in Chicken on a Chain color. You aren't bothered by trash fish when you fish artificial. 😀

we call that area"Gracies Reef". that peninsula just east of the little house is where the Baby Grace body was found. there was a cross erected there, but i haven't seen it for a while. it has produced some big trout. my biggest, a 29 1/2", 7 1/2 lb fish came out of there. skinny and long.

Archived