Jackplate

Lowcountry Joe

For those of you who use a jackplate , is the gauge necessary and useful considering the added expense ?

NO. waste of money IMHO.

For my 22V, I ran it at 3 90% of the time with an OFX 17 4 b on F150 and would then run it up to 5-6 for shallow short runs (tabs full down to keep some pressure), but, once you get a feel, you'll know.

MOST IMPORTANT - WATER PRESSURE GAUGE !!! YES. INSTALL IT...I LOOKED AT IT ALL THE TIME WHEN RUNNING SHALLOW.

DC

I will say I wish I had one although it is not needed. Mine is easy to see but it would be nice to just look at the dash instead of turning around but I am always playing with mine.

MOST IMPORTANT - WATER PRESSURE GAUGE YES. INSTALL IT...I LOOKED AT IT ALL THE TIME WHEN RUNNING SHALLOW.

Yes and Yes! I feel every boat should have one even without a jackplate.

Depends on how much you are going to monkey around with the jack-plate. Some guys are always adjusting it and some don't. I jack mine all the way up with fishing shallow, then down to #2 for everything else. So, I don't have a problem looking over my shoulder to see where it's adjusted to.

Depends on the speed of the boat as well. Turning around at 65 mph isn't that safe. Most of my boats haven't had the guage, but my new one has the guage and I love it. I am constantly adjusting the plate for various speeds. I originally didn't care, but after using it 8 months I really like it.

I'd recommend the guage

Archived