Repowering Option, Feedback welcome

MarkB2

Hi, Just re-powered a 2003 22v that had a 2003 200 HP HPDI with a 200 SHO. I could not re-power with a 250 SHO because boat only rated for 225HP and dealer did not have a 225. Motor runs great but I need a lower pitch prop because of different gear ratio. I had a 19" pitch OFX 4 blade and need a 17" pitch OFX.

Re-power deal came with YES extended warranty. I really don't want to jeopardize the 5 year warranty for a little more speed that I will probably would not use that often anyway, A call to Yamaha customer service confirmed it would void warranty and "that it would not work at all".

My top end was 50 MPH and that is what I expect with proper prop. Hole shot is awe-sum.

If you are happy with the performance of a 250 on the 22', do not buy the F200, you will be disappointed . They are good motors and burn less fuel...but no comparison to the performance of the 250. I have the F250 on my 24PF and a F150 on our 22PF. The 24 runs in the 52 to 57 mph range depending on load, the 22 runs 42 to 47 mph. A friend of mine just put the F200 on his 22PF, has tried many props and still only get about 43 or so out of it.

Archived