17 MA 150 vmax prop guide

Ksutlive

Haven't heard of this combo. Generally, the 04+? 17s are rated to 150 and those usually come w 150 4 strokes.

Do you currently own a 17 w 150vmax? If so, have you pulled the prop to see what you are currently running and the speed/rpm you are getting?

I do not have this combo but would think it will be good for you. I am guessing that a 19-21 pitch 3 or 4 blade would be the best all around prop.

I did have a 2003 Maverick 18.5 w/VMAX 150 and it ran a 19 pitch 4 blade PTC from powertech.

max rpm operating rpm range should be 5-5.5k. agreed prob looking at that pitch range but cant really narrow it down until you pull your prop. Im guessing a 20 pitch 4 blade or 21 pitch 3 blade.

Im a huge fan of turbo brand props. Ultima 4 or 2+2 OT.

im currently running the ultima 4 in 21 pitch and have a jackplate.

Max redline is 6000rpm. Ideal operating range is 5-5500. I have run a 19p mirage plus and a modified 21p Mirage plus ( 20p) on my 18 MA. Top speed is the 20p but the 19p feels better. You might be best at 18-19p on the Mirage plus w the 17

6k? So I've heard that from different peeps in the prop industry that they like to be able to spin them to like 5.6-7 on specifically the 175 hpdi but I believe yam up'd the max rpm on the later 175's to 6k from the factory anyhow.. IE my 02 175 says max 5.5k but I believe the last of them maybe 07?? Were to 6k.

Max redline is 6k. Operating range is listed as 5-5.5 on Vmax non hpdi. But I believe they are the same. I'm not saying to run all day at redline--- but an Italian tune up every now and again to redline should be fine.

Archived