Speaker locations on a 21' redfisher

Smoak352

I just bought a 2002 21' redfisher today (previous 18' owner) and I want to add some speakers. I am wondering if anyone has mounted their speakers up front facing towards the console vs out the sides of the console.

My concern is cutting a pie size hole and the speaker are too deep to fit.

Can anyone show pics of a 2002 21' Hewes with speakers mounted?

I have a 03 21 ft redfisher and I have 2 on the console and I added 2 on the wall of the front deck. I used fusions on the front because of the limited mounting depth.

Unless they changed the deck layout from yours to mine, '05, they will not fit without cutting into the front hatch. I have JL M770 and they stick into the hatch by about a inch.

Sound wise that is going to probably be the best place to mount them. I have 4 speakers, two on the console and two on the front bulkhead. I can turn the ones on the console off while running and there is not much difference in sound. If I turn the front off it is a whole different story.

I didn't want to have the back of the speakers and wires exposed in the front hatch. Cleaner look in my opinion. If you boat is like mine.are you trolling motor batteries down in the front hatch? Underneath the door?

My pictures aren't uploading at the moment but I put two up front into the front hatch and then two in the rear seat compartment facing forward.

Good all around sound in my opinion.

Did have to clearance the insides of the compartments because the speakers were too deep but I didn't want them in my center console or my rod lockers so...

Archived