2002 2200V Fuel tank dimensions

fishinbill85

Hi all, hope everything is well and everybody is having a great holiday weekend (I'm working :( )

I'm wanting to put a mechanical fuel gauge in the top of my tank and need to know the depth. Was wondering if anybody knows that has done this already or has done anything to their tank requiring it to be measured or such. OR how do I go about getting that measurement?

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all, hope everything is well and everybody is having a great holiday weekend (I'm working :( )

I'm wanting to put a mechanical fuel gauge in the top of my tank and need to know the depth. Was wondering if anybody knows that has done this already or has done anything to their tank requiring it to be measured or such. OR how do I go about getting that measurement?

Thanks

use your GPS...fill the tank...run a couple of trips, calculate mileage after you fill to top...always better than a gauge.

dc

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, I am gonna check out the 10" mech gauge from Moeller.

I don't see how averaging mileage would help with determining the fuel level unless I ran the exact same distance and RPM/load every trip. Which I don't. I was wanting the mech gauge so I could see the level at a glance. As I fill up from certain levels of use, i'll check the gauge so I get a rough idea of how much fuel is gone when the dial is reading half tank...etc. You get the idea.

Thanks for all the input and suggestions!

Archived