OFF THE MARKET...gonna keep the legend

agowen

HA HA, with a 2 minute hole shot and an over propped engine.

It will not happen with an equipped to fish 21 MA.

I have had mine skinned out at 62.

Just trying to be realistic because I get calls all the time from folks thinking the boat will do 60 plus all day.

It's a big boat and loaded with 60 plus gallons of fuel, 4 batteries TM and so on it will not do it

Id be surprised to see a MA 21 get 64, but crazier things have happened. My boat speed fluctuates a ridiculous amount, some days 62.5 is all i get, others i run 66 tourney loaded, and then the fastest was 69. Makes no sense. I really just want a 400

Troy, just curious, what prop are you running? You may PM instead if you like

... And since you're in NC, as long as you pay really good attention to her and put her up right in the fall you can totally ignore her until it warms up again. She won't care and treat you exactly the same as if you never left.

Are we talking boat or wife??? Good advice either way.

• 3 weeks later...

I apologize for the delay. I have had a ridiculous amount of phone calls asking about the boat and top end speed. Now I know why.. Because of the area we fish that averages 7ft tides, I am going to see more speed going with the current and less going against but with that said this boat has seen 65mph (OFX23P) and can run 60 (OFX421P)any load anytime. Last time I spoke to the other Maverick owners jumping in on this thread they didn't have a jack plate to compare. Since Hewes guys and Sterling guys are wagering in... In the Maverick you don't have to wear a mouth piece running this boat over a little chop like you do in a Hewes and comparing to the Sterling, you don't have to wear a rain jacket mid July to stay dry like you do in a Sterling...

• 9 months later...

Archived