Boat Master Trailer / HPXV?

Bonecracker

That thing is soooooo sweet. The fact that its never had anything bolted to it is even cooler.

As far as the dry launch trailer, here is a pic of mine, in position to put the boat on it. This is actually backed in deeper than usual because of the tide that day but you get the idea. The roller on the rear cross-member is #1. As long as you have a roller give it a shot and see if the keel makes contact with any other part of the trailer on the way up. As Hurricane said they are purpose built though so it may not work out.

IMG_0694_zpsmdxz3beg.jpg

I have the same trailer under my Dolphin. It's a great wet launch/load set-up. Just back your trailer down until there's a around a foot of the bunks sticking out, Then drive on slow and let the v of th boat center it between the bunks, keep going and the trailer v-guide will center the bow. No need to winch, or walk on the trailer. Just grease your hubs twice a year, and you'll forget that dry launch nonsense.

Of course you can use the winch to dry launch and load but you will want to add a walkboard.

With that dry launch set up, do you end up with more gel coat chips from gravel strikes? Seems like the lower ground clearance would take its toll after awhile.

Of course, my poor boat spends a lot more time on the road than most, so less of a concern if you aren't 40 minutes from the nearest ramp and 1.5 hours from where you fish in the summer!

Archived