fishybusiness

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

fb,

love your boat. i have a 70's bonefisher (yellow one in the vintage pics section) with a console gas tank. i am thinking of moving the tank forward to move weight forward. i ve looked at yours and other vintage bonefishers and cant tell whether there is a thin bulkhead aft of the tank? or is it the tank wall itself i see in all the pictures (with no bulkhead)? does the deck above the tank rest on the tank (direct contact), or is there a space between? i would like to keep any modifications close to an original layout option. any info would be great if you or any other vintage bonefisher owners have the chance to respond. thanks

Hey dutch, I took my deck apart when I restored my boat and their is about 3/4 to 1" of space between the gas tank and the deck itself. And to answere you'r other question my boat is a 85 Bonfisherll model and what you'r looking at when sitting fron stern looking foward is the gas tank and no liner. My boat came with the same matching rug from the floor glued to the face of the tank so that you wouldn't see bare aluminum but when I restored my hewes I made it to look like an inner liner came with the boat. Just go to the vintage section and look for barebones restoration project and check the pic's out and if you have any question's feel free to ask, everybody on this forum will try to help you out some way or the other with any question's you got.... :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Dutch,

sorry for the delay.

the tank has a deck section that sits above the tank, and a sheet of gl*** that concels the tank. tank is not painted, if you would like some close up pictures, i can send some over. PM me, and i can send over my number if you have any additional questions.

FB

• 3 years later...

Archived