Cast net compartment drain?

Headhunter

I just spent a day cleaning both cast net storage lockers. Water ends up in there from the deck drain then down into the bilge. Everything in the compartment was wet and had a lot of mildew. Has anyone tried to plumb the deck drain directly into the bilge? I am not sure how much room there is from the compartment bottom to the hull. Any help is appreciated.

Can you connect a hose to the thru-hull drain that's in the corner of the drain channel and run it around the compartment and down toward the drain hole in the bottom of the compartment? Maybe terminate the drain hose 1/2" above the hole so you won't restrict any water that gets in the compartment from exiting the drain hole.

This was kind of stupidly done. The open end of the drain is hard against back wall of the compartment so I can't get a hose on it. Yes, it is 5200 to the deck channel. I will have to trim the wall for clearance to get the hose on. Then I am going to drill a hole in the bottom of the compartment next to the drain and secure it against the wall but if I chicken out drilling the hole I like your idea as well. This compartment is almost unusable in its current state. You can't even get a 5 gallon bucket in there any more.

Archived