2015 2400TRS switch panel problems

PMartin2400TRS

Anybody have any issues with theirs? Navigagion lights will come on when boats gets a good rain while in the driveway. Boat is stored with cover and out of the elements, except when I'm using over the weekend, it sits in my driveway for a day or two. Happened a few months ago while I was fishing in the rain, and all the pumps and everything started coming on. I took to my dealer and they said they ordered a new panel from pathfinder and replaced it. It started doing the same thing again last week after a hard rain while sitting in the driveway. Apparently water is getting in the switches and causing them to short. Has anyone else had this happen? Kind of a pain on a brand new 70k rig! I hope I can find a solution

I have the same issue on my 15 2300HPS, it was only one pump coming on and if I cycled the switch it would turn off, but back on a few seconds later. I have never had the back lights work on the switch panel, at night I have to turn on overhead lights to see it. I agree it should be better. Will monitor this thread to see if there is any resolution.

Happened twice on my prior 2012 PF 24 TRS, the fiber optic light was changed under warranty. It happened just recently on my 2015 24 TRS less than 6 months old. The fiber optic light had to be changed again. Deff issues with the switch panels and water intrusion. I was hoping the bug would have been fixed between 2012-2015 but apparently not. My boat is always covered when not in use, but it doesn't matter as it will still get wet when fishing or washing. Hoping it doesn't happen again, but we shall see.

I do have to say that it was fixed/replaced under warranty without issue each time, but it does get frustrating to have to take a boat in for work for a re occurring issue not to mention if/when it goes bad again and

the warranty is up........

Im guessing the boats having issues with the switches have panels that sit near horizontal? Saw that on a pathy somewhere and that was my first thought that water would run down into the switch eventually

I thought all the consoles were identical. My panel has a slope of about 20 degrees and has a gasket between the panel and the console cut-out.

The first thing I did when I got my boat home was to spray every switch, connection, wire lug and distribution panel with Corrosion-X. Maybe that's the reason I never had a panel problem???

I just had the entire panel on my 2012 24TRS replaced yesterday after having switch after switch go bad. Switches looked really nice, but they are known to be flimsy and have bad water intrusion issues. There are boots you can buy to attempt to address the water intrusion. A lot of pathfinder dealers will give them to you. The other headache I finds with the switches is that they are not easy to get and likely have to be ordered. I learned this the hard way one weekend in the keys when my bilge switch broke.

Nice attempt at a sleek look, I just think the design of the switches doesn't stand up well in my opinion and experience.

If you are having issues please work through your local dealer to get the issue resolved under warranty. Yes, there have been some issues with the panels, the company that makes them for us is good about warranty.

We had issues early on but thought it was getting better. I have p***ed this thread along to our panel vendor.

Skip

Im guessing the boats having issues with the switches have panels that sit near horizontal? Saw that on a pathy somewhere and that was my first thought that water would run down into the switch eventually

I thought all the consoles were identical. My panel has a slope of about 20 degrees and has a gasket between the panel and the console cut-out.

The first thing I did when I got my boat home was to spray every switch, connection, wire lug and distribution panel with Corrosion-X. Maybe that's the reason I never had a panel problem???

I dunno but a few years back when the panels were mounted at the base of the face of the console they were a lot more vertical than the newer ones

that are mounted to the side of the wheel

I have also had the blue backlight go out on the switch panel. Mine was not under warranty for some reason although its a 2015, so I just bought some strip lighting at b*** pro.

I ripped the fiber optic out and put the strip lighting in. Looks very bright and nice. Easy fix, looks bright and blue, but not as perfect as factory looked the week I had it.

I always keep mine off when stored for a long period, but in the driveway for a day or two I usually don't. Until my lights come on, then I have to. I had to last trip in the morning while trailering because all my lights were on!

I will say, the dealer has been good about fixing all my issues thus far, and pathfinder does stand behind their product. But nonetheless frustrating to trailer an hour across Houston for something like this every few months on a NEW boat! I'll cross my fingers that this time it gets fixed. I've had mine in the shop 3 times already for different warranty related issues. One was the trailer though

• 1 year later...

Archived