squidmotion's 97 bayfisher tunnel

squidmotion

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if you go back to the first page, you can see how it is made... the photos that are missing are not from my boat.

we all jump in and swim, as it gets pretty hot out there sometime.

i was thinking of taking a dunk the other day...then a 7' bull shark came around the boat... neeeoooope.

also, we have now learned that we can dry launch and retrieve with the new trailer!

i just back down till the hubs and axle are just out of the water, then a slight push, and off she slides! i do the same on the retrieve, and she winches back up... it's a little more work, with the winching, but it isn't hard. and i'll do anything to keep that axle and hubs out of the salt water!

we even beach launched it using this technique last week and it worked great! exciting.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks, RL... dang, bro... you are getting CLOSE.

had mrs. squidmo with me... we just did some troller, fishing, lounging, laughing... she did a lot of napping as well.. we made a lot of jokes about the fruity umbrella...

she's working too hard these days, girl needs a vacation. taking her, baby squidmo (now 6yrs old!), and the hewesy back home for a few weeks!

1372633098-hewestammy.jpg.1b87a8f96eb250

• 1 month later...

no help for MILES. luckily i had enough cell service to call a buddy, who called one of his buddys to try and find me... meanwhile, i managed to shove the bow around back the way i came in...

they found me, but they couldn't get anywhere near where i was, so we joined up anchor ropes, and he pulled me from wayyyy up ahead near the top of this photo...

it was a dumb move on my part.. i knew the tide was low, and went for it anyway... when i came around that corner, i knew i was in trouble. :)

Any redfish in that ditch off the bow?

I have fished the backend of those trenches a few times myself!

as a matter of fact, there were a few reds in the gr***... walked right up on one, nosing around. heavy sinking crab fly... though, thanks to my photo skills, you can't tell.. lol.

1376052186-redfish02.jpg.14b0efce3a14cc0

1376052197-redfish01.jpg.7e33dc216e04464

• 5 months later...

Archived