Redfisher 18 with a 250

Hydroo

Has anyone rigged a newer Redfisher 18 with a 250?

I am from the Scream and Fly forum and speed is my p***ion. It weighs only 25 lbs more than an Yamaha SHO 150.

I understand this is more than the USCG limit but I am interested it anyone has pushed the performance of this hull.

Yes, it didnt work on one that i know of. Boat didntt handle the speed and gets squirrelly. That was a 2005 year with a 250 opti. The boat really needs a pad for the high speed stability

If you want speed and stability, get a padded boat (lake and bay, sterling 20 or 22, yellowfin 21, egret 2011)

What speed are you looking for?

I have extra motor.

Evinrude 250 HO. I wasn't really looking for speed. I live on a shallow water cove and need a fishing boat. I wanted to know how bad it would be. I have a 2014 Maverick 18 HPX V with a 115 and it is awesome! I am looking for something to float the 250 HO and really fly! I wanted to stay in the MBC boat line. Master angler would be perfect but I want a new boat.

Pathfinder 2300 HPS is too big for the Cove.

I have extra motor.

Evinrude 250 HO. I wasn't really looking for speed. I live on a shallow water cove and need a fishing boat. I wanted to know how bad it would be. I have a 2014 Maverick 18 HPX V with a 115 and it is awesome! I am looking for something to float the 250 HO and really fly! I wanted to stay in the MBC boat line. Master angler would be perfect but I want a new boat.

Pathfinder 2300 HPS is too big for the Cove.

Perhaps you should resolve your schizophrenia first. In your first post you mention speed is your p***ion, in your second you start with "I really wasn't looking for speed" only to end the post with " I want something to float he 250 and fly".

Prior advice is spot on. Over-power a boat like the Redfisher or MA and chase your tail in trying to compensate for the power it wasn't intended for (think high speed porpoise and chine walk). You need a padded boat.

MBC is not a maker of high performance hulls (65 plus, 23 hps not an option), so if you want to "really fly" then get a lake and bay 17 or 20 and be done with it. You can fish the flats and run 70 plus every day of the week. I understand you want to stay in the mbc family, but they dont offer what you are looking for in a new boat.

Call islamorada boatworks and price out a boca 20 pocket hull. Your 250 etec will push it over 80 mph.

Calling tomorrow

Thank you for the Intel.

Anyone I should ask for?

Not that i know of, never really dealt with them before. I do know they offer both the standard hull and the pocket hull. The pocket hull is faster but sits a little lower in the rear. I also think they offer a carbon kevlar option for even more speed.

Good luck!

If you are just looking for a cruiser/speed boat why not look at something other than a fishing boat. I sure the boys over on the scream and fly could help you spend your money on some go fast hulls.

The Lake and Bay/ Islamorada Boatworks are no doubt fast but I think the SCB are quicker. They are a tad longer however.

Archived