2016 SC OT......

lrobalo

Guest elliottd

Yes, it will be the weekend before Memorial Day, May 20th and 21st. We'll be sending out more details later on but definitely mark those dates down in your calendar!

Where I'd stay would depend on the area you're going to fish and if you want to try and find a marina to keep the boat at. I normally fish south of Charleston out on the Edisto River but fishing has been slow for me with trying to learn that area. If you fish out of the harbor there's lots of places to fish either up the Wando or towards the ocean. If you have a general area then I might be able to suggest a hotel. I know the new dealer down here is West of the Ashley but I don't know if the festivities will be there or at another location.

In the past few years, Barrier Island Marine sponsored it and you could keep your boat in their storage yard, but they no longer sell MBC products and the new Pathfinder dealer doesn't look like they have a very big area to store a boat. I'm going to the boat show this Friday, so I will ask them about the tournament and see what their plans are. I'll report back.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys and gals!

I hope everyone is planning on fishing the MBC OT coming up in just three weeks! I know some of you may be from out of town so I wanted to offer any suggestions or helping hand if I could. I would be happy to help with fishing spots, techniques to try, and any restaurant and hotel help. Feel free to call, text or email if anyone needs ***istance(info below). Haddrells Point Tackle will also be offering a 20% discount to anyone fishing the OT so if you need any tackle or supplies swing by and tell them your fishing the tourney and they'll hook you up. I know the folks at Palmetto Boat Sales will make this the best OT you have ever been to so sign up today!!

Capt Mike Able

843.475.7696(cell)

captmikeable@gmail.com

• 3 weeks later...

There seems to be quite a difference in the opinions on the weather. Weather Channel says 15 mph of wind. Marine forecast says 5-10 knots. Thats quite a difference. We are planning to come. Forecast seems to be improving by the day. Plus the worst case is we have a fun weekend in Charleston! 

So far, the weather's still looking rough, but I'm still planning on fishing!  I'm fine with the rain, but hoping it doesn't get electric...

What's everyone else thinking about it?  I hope it doesn't hurt the turnout.  Looking forward to meeting some other owners!

Archived