Rode hard and put away wet

localangler

Always befuddled why people don't take the time to clean their $!(( before posting pics!

Think the deck was just wet and dirty - not replaced. If the motor had fewer hours (side bar in the ad says 1000) it wouldn't be a bad deal. Heck, it's not that bad a deal as is, ***uming it can be cleaned up.

I didn't even see the hour part, guess I better work on reading comprehension. When did Yamaha start that 4 stroke motor because it is a repower. I still say government boat and after it was deadlined it sat for 6 to 12 months before being listed. Someone may have purchased it at auction and is trying for a quick flip.

You are so correct!!! Was boarded by the Coast Guard in my '98 Bonefisher on the edge of an ocean side flat off Islamorada. Had nothing to hide, so I agree "heck yeah come aboard and look around". What a mistake!! While talking to the guy in the inflatable the other two were marking up my boat with those black soles on their shoes/boots. I was pissed, gave them the riot act and they basically told me "too bad, so sad" they are CG issue. After chasing them off my boat I asked them if they ever heard of Sperry Topsiders, they did not think that was so funny.

What is up with the trim tab? Starboard side is a huge long tab with the ram extended a good ways just to get the tab level, and the entire port tab and ram are missing!

Definitely an previous law enforcement boat. Note: bright white (non discolored) hull section on both bows at an angle where a racing stripe decal was, the added large cleats, flood lights on sides of console angled to the side, total lack of anything fishing related (rod holders, coolers, etc), and mounting holes where things like antennae / blue light / siren were located.

may not be as bad as it looks after a good cleaning. agree on leo boat for sure. not a bad price if all is good. deck just looks wet and dirty to me. ANYONE in the marine business going onto other persons boat should be wearing non marring shoes/boots or the very least disposable shoe covers as in hospitals. I have them onboard for mechanics and such. pia in *** cleaning up afterwards.

Looks to be "webbing" or whatever like a Carolina Skiff... It's all up the walls of cockpit, so I doubt shoe marks are doing that.

I agree it does look like an FWC or other official type boat. Prob a ton of hours, but they are usually good as far as keeping up on maintence.

I also agree with fin, prob will clean up surprisingly well. I could work wonders on that with some bleach and scrub brush and a pressurewasher

If that motor has 1000 hours on it I wonder what the hull has on it? Plus you can bet they aren't all easy hours. That throttle probably had 2 positions in forward, idle and hauling tail, curious as to what a computer print out says. At 11 I would entertain it but at the current asking price no way, that hull has worked for a living and no matter how hard you try to care for it being a police boat is a rough life.

The thing about service boats is every time it cranks it is likely to have a different person behind the wheel. 1000 hrs will raise eye brows but 1000 hours on a service boat indicated they weren't easy hours and like local angler said. It probably knew 2 speeds. Moored and floored

Archived