what shaft ipilot for 24v?

4x4tx

Looking at picking up a ipilot for my 24v....should I get the 60" shaft or 72"? Im in Galveston bay area and fish the gas wells in 8-10ft of water so do get some days of good rocking....figured 60" would be fine but curious what others think

I don't know anything about Galveston Bay or the water conditions. But I'd surmise that your best information about shaft length would come from local fisherman.

A 72" shaft will probably cause some problems when stored on the deck. It will probably interfere with opening the rod locker and will hang over the gunnel. Good luck with your search.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guy, I have a 2400 with a 60 inch shaft on motor guide 36 volt. It is too short for me. I am 68 yrs old and not as limber as a younger person. Just saying I would go with the longer shaft. By the way my wife of 48 yrs and I have owned 19 different boats and this 2400 has been with me longer than all the rest. It is a great boat, only has 238 hrs. It's great. Good luck, I live at the top of highland lakes

• 2 years later...
On 1/22/2016 at 4:00 AM, Wanaflatsfish said:

Go larger...you can always cut it down....not a big deal for a MK trolling motor repair service...

The just oven the head, cut it and seal.....

Use a RAM mount to hold the head in place when running in a hard chop or on the trailer...

dc

What is a RAM mount?  Can you send me a link to where i could purchase?

I have the 72 i-pilot on my 2400TE.  It is not a problem on the deck.  It does stick out past the edge of the bow, which i really don't like.  But its because of the i-pilot motor and would be the same for a 60 inch.  Just have to be careful docking other than that, not a problem on the water.

Archived