Tackle Station question

plainsman5

Fellas,

I'm wanting to know if it's feasible to put rod holders behind my seat of the tackle station. Granted the bottom of the holders will interfere with storage under the seat , but I don't really use it much anyway based on the fact it's always damp inside. Just wondering if anyone else has done this for this particular setup. I hope that clears up any confusion from my original post....sometimes my thoughts don't translate to my keyboard! :susel: Sorry for the confusion.

Jason

sorry guy. still very confused as too what you are talking about. need pics. maybe it's just me that I can't understand what your saying. :(

normal setup is leaning post with flip up cushion flipping fwd. with storage bin under it. aft of bin are 4 rod holders of which the end ones being used for removable backrest. then grabrail across the back where rod holders can be bolted on if wanted. under leaning post is area for cooler. this is the standard oem.

Still can't help with the rod holders, because I'm still not sure what we are talking about. But, I can offer some help with the tackle station and moisture. Have you considered using some gasket material on the drawers and doors or adjusting the latches. Also, drilling some small hoses in the rear corners of the tackle station will allow water to drain and some air to circulate and dry the compartments.

thank you very much. picture worth a 1000 words. :)

I can think of several different ways to mount holders on that seat. what is inside it and do you have access to it. do you have enough clearance behind the cushion to the back edge for flush mount holders. can also have a wrap around grab rail or just across the back towards the top with welded on/bolt on holders.

Looking at the pic, I don't think a rod holder would interfere with accessing the doors. If it did, just cut the bottom off the rod holder and insert a S/S bolt as a stop. Looks like plenty of room between the edge and the cushion for flush mounting.

Are you wanting to install "o" degree holders just for storage or some angled holders for trolling?

My tackle station came with removable back rest which I had rod holders welded to.

DSC_0236.jpg

DSC_0237.jpg

DSC_0238.jpg

Also made it possible to place removable backrest with the rod holders to the rear deck by adding some rod holders to back deck.

DSC_0241.jpg

**Attaching angled rod holders directly to the tackle station would run into the storage bin beneath the seat.

**Attaching bracket of rod holders to back side of tackle station does not leave a lot of walk room between the tackle station and rear deck.

Hope that helps.

My biggest reasons for installing rod holders there is for a backrest and drink holder/rod holder combo. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions for this? For a backrest, the posts would have to be bent forward in order for it to work.

Thanks to everyone who has submitted their ideas!

Jason

I think we were all thinking you were looking to install a multi rod holder to carry many fishing poles, not just holders for a back rest - understand now.

If you remove the rear tackle box with the tackle trays on the rear side of the tackle station, and look up inside the tackle station, you will see how much space you have to play with to install the rod holders (zero degree rod holders).

There is limited space behind the storage bin under your tackle station seat and the rear of the tackle station.

Here is the rod holders. They come up flush and are mounted inside the tackle station and secured with bolts on the outside as you see below:

FullSizeRender%204_zpsl6lfpznk.jpg

FullSizeRender%205_zpstjqeezye.jpg

Once backrest rod holders are installed, any fabrication shop can bend your back rest posts or make you a custom back rest so the posts go in the newly installed backrest rod holders, like mentioned above.

Don't be hung up on the backrest you already have in mind because any fabrication shop can make any custom backrest, cup holder, rod holder combination you can want.

Action Welding like mentioned

Sanchez Brothers in Ruskin did some great work for me, flip up custom foot rest for front of the tackle station.

While you are at it, mount some extra rod holders to your back rest and be able to carry more rods better behind your backrest.

And.. while you are at it, add a custom flip up foot rest for the front of your tackle station to make sitting a pleasure.

Archived