Hull color

96 Redfisher 18

Glad to hear your restoring it...

I am a big fan of the off white for ease of maintenance, but I think the sea foam is awesome on a Lappy. Call the factory, they should be able to point you in right direction of what was available that year. Definitely stick with a factory color.

Remember it's subjective, but could affect resale one day. Alot of people seem to hate yellow, but I think it's awesome especially on a pathfinder. The dude above loves black I guess, I literally would never even look at a black boat it would be that much of a deal killer to me. Different strokes for different folks.

Glad to hear your restoring it...

I am a big fan of the off white for ease of maintenance, but I think the sea foam is awesome on a Lappy. Call the factory, they should be able to point you in right direction of what was available that year. Definitely stick with a factory color.

Remember it's subjective, but could affect resale one day. Alot of people seem to hate yellow, but I think it's awesome especially on a pathfinder. The dude above loves black I guess , I literally would never even look at a black boat it would be that much of a deal killer to me. Different strokes for different folks.

You guessed correctly! On such a small boat, black is super easy to take care of. Wax every 3-6 months, use a good soap, and that's it. It will show scratches easier but I take care of my stuff

the other color I really like is ice blue, I've seen a few restored lappy with that color and it seemed to pop!

20151108_171957_zpscqml0ady.jpg

If you could stick with a white bottom it shows less oyster rash. If you want the platinum color code I have it. I would also not do a MBC white top cap color. I have thought more than once about re-doing the top cap on the Maverick to cut the glare. It's pretty blinding after a day on the water.

Good luck with your rebuild.

I've always had white boats until I saw a black 23 hps. Me and the wife agreed on the black hull immediately. But, here's the rub; dark hulls will scratch easily. Even something like catfish fins/barbs will leave scratches. I'm real anal about my boat, so this stuff drives me crazy. Color is important to owners and rightfully so, but lighter colors tend to hide scratches and blemished better.

Another thing to consider is tops for the boat. You want the top to match or blend with the hull. I got a black top to match my black hull and man does that color absorb and radiate the heat. If you go with a lighter color hull, then you would probably go with a lighter color top, which translates to much less heat penetration.

My color combo preferences would be either a Ice Blue or Platnium Grey Hull. Def would tie in as much of the Hull color into the top/deck as possible. There is a nice Mavrick in for sale section with a Ice Blue top and White non-skid, Looks awesome!

Black would be #1 but I can't afford the time to keep it perfect so I would want a more forgiving color.

Good Luck with the restore, I am happy to see the boat is not gonna be scrapped.

Ice Blue deck with White

Grey Seadeck on a Hewes(would match a grey hull perfect)

Thinking I'm going to be going with a light/baby blue or a light yellow. Going to put a modern twist to the boat and do a white and stainless rub rail and do the poling platform white instead of factory black. Still undecided. Such a hard decision! But the boat was dropped off today. Should be done in 3 weeks to a month. I will start a new restoration thread to upload pictures

If you can't decide...then don't

I found a roll of 3M vinyl on ebay 30" x 50' for 300.00. Think I might try it on my MA21....if I don't like the gloss black...I'll peal it back off...a little labor and 300 ain't that bad if I don't like that color....there are a lot of colors of vinyl on there. :o

Thinking I'm going to be going with a light/baby blue or a light yellow. Going to put a modern twist to the boat and do a white and stainless rub rail and do the poling platform white instead of factory black. Still undecided. Such a hard decision! But the boat was dropped off today. Should be done in 3 weeks to a month. I will start a new restoration thread to upload pictures

Keep us posted with pictures! I'm sure it will look better than new! I am a fan of stainless/white rub rail. It will look sharp for sure.

Archived