1978 18' Maverick / berg

billythekid

all the hatches have been primed and sprayed around the outside , so now they can be taped off and have the nonskid shot shot to them.  Randy has been very methodical the process so there are no mistakes. The hatches were grinded, glassed, grinded ,sanded,faired , sanded, straight edge put across them in different directions to make sure they were true and flat, spray faired, sanded, primered and painted.   There is a reason Randy's Work comes out so nice.

client_PART_1494022306795_IMG955528.jpg

client_PART_1494022306854_IMG955529.jpg

client_PART_1494022306901_IMG955533.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

yes we are finally getting somewhere, you know how these fiberglass guys are!!!!! love you randy!!!

alright some updates, fuel tank is in, neoprene pads under it, grounding wire, fill and vent all connected.

the cap has been installed glassed, and faired in. the forward rear hatches had a funnycaulk joint that was rather large on them and we didnt want them to look like that, so Randy made up a mold for two shims about 14" long that went from 1/2" down to almost nothing. this was where the original mold came together and the tooling wasnt exactly perfect. but now its perfect and we can live with it....

the transom connection has been faired in and the cap has been tabbed all the way around.

also the joint in the floor was glassed and faired by the scuppers.

unnamed.jpg

front floor deck.jpg

floor.jpg

well what I have been waiting for almost 18 months!!!    a boat that is all one color again.   from what I have heard the paint is flawless.  we did kind of as different paint scheme with the hull being mattehorn white and the inside being the light blue.   I like the way it looks and the all black hardware package should really set it off.    in the last pick you can really see the paint work up against the non skid and rubrail.  the rubrail we bought was a bit to big and now ordering a new one to show the gunnell cap a little more

bow paint.jpg

final paint.jpg

final paint 2.jpg

IMG_20170701_110141_524.jpg

paint 2.jpg

final paint 3.jpg

rub rail too big.jpg

I have one of the decals that was still somewhat intact. I'll take a picture and send it over. 

I really wish I could put the time and money into mine, unfortunately I just bought a house so it's got to fish the way it is. What an amazing job your guy is doing, I'd be interested in knowing approx how much it was to do just the hatches.

boat is now almost complete at Durite boatworks and getting moved to rigging. waiting on rubrail. motor is temporarily mounted for poling platform layout. through hulls are in and baitwell rigging has started. The rubrail we had was to tall and took up too much of the finished gunnel. also the floor drains are in and plumbed back, we wnt with the gemlux floor ball drains. Tim Bosch is doing poling platform at American Yachts.    

you can see the fourth pic the paint work ,  I am thoroughly impressed with the finish

The bunks need to be cut down on the trailer also, as the boat is stupid high on the trailer. 

Also we are gonna do a black themed hardware on the boat.   so that will start coming together. 

final paint 3.jpg

final paint 4.jpg

floor drains.jpg

rub rail too big.jpg

paint done.jpg

heading to rigging.jpg

engine mount.jpg

engine mount 2.jpg

• Like 1

What a beautiful boat - everything is top notch!   My trailer had those exact same bunks (on my 87 MA), and not only did the thing sit 500 feet off the ground, the stupid trailer FLOATED.   Made for a really interesting experience launching or re trailering in a wind or current!   Yep, cut those suckers down and get the float out of that trailer!

On 7/14/2017 at 9:24 AM, whichwaysup said:

What a beautiful boat - everything is top notch!   My trailer had those exact same bunks (on my 87 MA), and not only did the thing sit 500 feet off the ground, the stupid trailer FLOATED.   Made for a really interesting experience launching or re trailering in a wind or current!   Yep, cut those suckers down and get the float out of that trailer!

yeah I am either gonna cut them down or sell the trailer and get a new one more suitable to the boat. 

The boat is now at Timmy Bosche's at americans yard to have the poling platform built.   Pics to follow

alright the flats boat is with the great Tim Bausch of Bausch american towers.  with some measurements and some ideas of how we wanted it, off he went and started fabricating with layout.  the original height we came up with was to high on a goof from our end we meant to subtract 6" instead of adding it.   the picks show the layout and then it being to tall so we chopped it down and now it lays out perfect.  we kept wide at the bottom like a traingle with steps tapering in so you can easy navigate the steps.  We also made sure it was high enough for a 4 stroke yamaha and jackplate

50076.jpeg

50105.jpeg

50073.jpeg

50074.jpeg

50105.jpeg

50106.jpeg

50109.jpeg

50176.jpeg

50177.jpeg

50178.jpeg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...