1978 18' Maverick / berg

billythekid

Very nice in the water....

fuel pump change out not a bid deal....about 5 min job....

When I got my 1995 115 two smoker....i changed out the: fuel pump, fuel filter, all the plugs, carb rebuild and cleaning, and I have since cleaned out the entire fuel injection system....she now runs perfectly.....the engine compression was 120 across the board...I hope to get 5-10 more years out of her...

dc

On 11/15/2017 at 9:41 AM, geeviam said:

A WORK OF ART!  It's been a joy to watch your project come together.  Thanks for posting your experience.

thank you 

On 11/15/2017 at 9:40 AM, JEM said:

Too nice to mess up by getting fish slime on!!!!!  Now you need to find a tired old skiff to fish out of, and save this one for the sandbar and restaurant scene!   Congrats!!!

oh no its getting all slimed up with cast nets and chum,  I fish my boats pretty hard.  Thats what there meant for!

• Like 1

On 11/25/2017 at 6:22 AM, Wanaflatsfish said:

Very nice in the water....

fuel pump change out not a bid deal....about 5 min job....

When I got my 1995 115 two smoker....i changed out the: fuel pump, fuel filter, all the plugs, carb rebuild and cleaning, and I have since cleaned out the entire fuel injection system....she now runs perfectly.....the engine compression was 120 across the board...I hope to get 5-10 more years out of her...

dc

They are working on some things  also the thermostats were all crapped up 

• 4 months later...

also put a proper set of slippers under the old girl.   Ameritrail trailers   enough said.   my 5 year could load the boat.  thats how easy it goes on the trailer.  all stainless package with aluminum rims, spare tire. stainless tie down straps in the back and walking plank on driverside

Screenshot_20180417-212102.png

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 2/16/2017 at 9:22 PM, billythekid said:

and away we go  the boat has been stripped down,  transom was rotted, floor was a disaster and the foam was its own swimming pool ,  needless to say we are gonna lighten things up a bit.

here are some pics of them tearing it apart.

IMG_5107.JPG

IMG_5133.JPG

IMG_5134.JPG

IMG_5135.JPG

IMG_5109.JPG

IMG_5108.JPG

IMG_5097.JPG

That’s interesting! I talked to Flip Pallot, who helped design the boat and he told me that there was no wood used in its construction. He also stated that there were teo different models. Maybe one was built with wood and the other wasn’t?? Very interesting. 

• 2 months later...
On 7/13/2017 at 7:02 PM, billythekid said:

boat is now almost complete at Durite boatworks and getting moved to rigging. waiting on rubrail. motor is temporarily mounted for poling platform layout. through hulls are in and baitwell rigging has started. The rubrail we had was to tall and took up too much of the finished gunnel. also the floor drains are in and plumbed back, we wnt with the gemlux floor ball drains. Tim Bosch is doing poling platform at American Yachts.    

you can see the fourth pic the paint work ,  I am thoroughly impressed with the finish

The bunks need to be cut down on the trailer also, as the boat is stupid high on the trailer. 

Also we are gonna do a black themed hardware on the boat.   so that will start coming together. 

final paint 3.jpg

final paint 4.jpg

floor drains.jpg

rub rail too big.jpg

paint done.jpg

heading to rigging.jpg

engine mount.jpg

engine mount 2.jpg

How well do the scuppers work? Do you think they were worth the addition?