billythekid

1978 18' Maverick / berg

the boat was floated!!!! the boat went down the river like a shot for 400yds....     looks like the fuel pump is gonna need a cleaning. gonna work on that this week and get fishin on it!!!!

16771.jpeg

16783.jpeg

• Like 3

Very nice in the water....

fuel pump change out not a bid deal....about 5 min job....

When I got my 1995 115 two smoker....i changed out the: fuel pump, fuel filter, all the plugs, carb rebuild and cleaning, and I have since cleaned out the entire fuel injection system....she now runs perfectly.....the engine compression was 120 across the board...I hope to get 5-10 more years out of her...

dc

3 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

I hope to get 5-10 more years out of her...

x2.  The V4 and Inline-3 two strokes are the best outboard motors Yamaha ever built, imo.  Glad you got to float your new boat Billy!

Billy, I think we have all enjoyed the heck out of this thread.  Really appreciate you sharing this journey with us.   

There is one major piece missing to this story.  

You DO fish, dont you????  Get some slime on that shiney thing!

On 11/15/2017 at 9:41 AM, geeviam said:

A WORK OF ART!  It's been a joy to watch your project come together.  Thanks for posting your experience.

thank you 

On 11/15/2017 at 9:40 AM, JEM said:

Too nice to mess up by getting fish slime on!!!!!  Now you need to find a tired old skiff to fish out of, and save this one for the sandbar and restaurant scene!   Congrats!!!

oh no its getting all slimed up with cast nets and chum,  I fish my boats pretty hard.  Thats what there meant for!

• Like 1

On 11/25/2017 at 6:22 AM, Wanaflatsfish said:

Very nice in the water....

fuel pump change out not a bid deal....about 5 min job....

When I got my 1995 115 two smoker....i changed out the: fuel pump, fuel filter, all the plugs, carb rebuild and cleaning, and I have since cleaned out the entire fuel injection system....she now runs perfectly.....the engine compression was 120 across the board...I hope to get 5-10 more years out of her...

dc

They are working on some things  also the thermostats were all crapped up 

also put a proper set of slippers under the old girl.   Ameritrail trailers   enough said.   my 5 year could load the boat.  thats how easy it goes on the trailer.  all stainless package with aluminum rims, spare tire. stainless tie down straps in the back and walking plank on driverside

Screenshot_20180417-212102.png

• Like 1