Flashlight Gear Heads: Surefire G2 help?

rubble

I recently added some tactical lights to a few guns.  Got me thinking I needed some updated flashlights for EDC.  I had a box of CR123A batteries that was purchased for a Surefire G2 10+/- years ago and wanted to get a few flashlights that could handle those batteries.  I had purchased the Surefire G2 at my cousin’s outdoors store (Kentucky Outdoorsman:  best little gun shop in the region) where they were a full stocking sealer.  They now carry Fenix lights.  I put those old, unused batteries in the Fenix lights and they were very bright.  When I tried the Surefire it wasn’t close.  Changed out the batteries between all of the lights to check and see if the batteries were weak but they were all super bright in the new Fenix lights.  The old specs call for 120 Lumens in the G2 while the newer Fenix E16 has 700 Lumens and the PD35 is 1000 Lumens.  Plus they have multi settings for the lights.  No comparison in lights but thought that the G2 was brighter than what I’m seeing now.  

For you flashlight experts, is this normal?  Is there anything that can be done to the G2 to brighten it up?  Is this just an old, outdated light that I shouldn’t bother putting money into?  Man, these new lights are just crazy bright.