Prop for 23hps

rip-a-lip

The SHO has a cambered skeg to counter prop torque

Exactly!!! About a month after I got my new boat (in 2013) I noticed the skag was sort of bent. Asked my dealer and they said, "that's the way the come". If I remember correctly, I can turn right with lots of effort, but impossible to turn left at top speed.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The cut exhaust barrel settled the stern down compared to the OFX and standard bravo with the flared exhaust tube.

The FS and XS are the same prop XS has 4 extra vent holes. The 22 bravo ran 63.5 @ 6000 but im down to 1/2 fuel, going to top off in the am and run again.

Those are some of the best numbers I've seen. I don't do lots of long distance runs, so I've never had more than 1/2 a tank of fuel. I'd be willing to spend the money for a new prop if those numbers are consistent. Thanks for researching and posting.

For the record, we are talking about a 23 HPS with 250 SHO and no T-top, right???

Those are some of the best numbers I've seen. I don't do lots of long distance runs, so I've never had more than 1/2 a tank of fuel. I'd be willing to spend the money for a new prop if those numbers are consistent. Thanks for researching and posting.

For the record, we are talking about a 23 HPS with 250 SHO and no T-top, right???

You have to remember, he is running with 1 battery, no trolling motor, livewell empty, no cooler, 1 person, 1/2 - full fuel, 3 rods and a tackle bag. That's as light as you can get one of those boats.

Yesterday coolers were in the boat but no ice. Today full fuel load threw my wading gear and a bucket with a cast net in front compartment filled the fibergl*** cooler with ice 61 was the best I could get trimmed out.

Once I burned off about a 1/4 tank I could trim out and touch 63. I am going to order a 23 Bravo FS and will post the results when I get it will do some runs with the trolling motor on the front, and rear deck to see what difference it makes.

1451092706-IMG_1042.JPG.d38e465928470072

1451092719-IMG_1043.JPG.b4b13c06d26a8161

1451092894-IMG_1045.JPG.9dd6b2aee8184cec

I haven't been able to test mine out in the best conditions yet but with the HS4 21 pitch I have right now I saw 59 @ 5700. I'm really wanting to test a Rev4 as well as an HS4 23. My boss had the HS4 23 on his old HPS and saw 63. I have all 4 batteries in the console and was considering moving one to the floor behind the leaning post.

Just curios but where is everyone finding their prime JP height to be before trimming it until you lose speed?

bravo prop will run 1,2 two 2 mph faster than hs4 23 you need to know that bravo xs and bravo fs have have exhaust ring cut 3/4 of an inch off this will allow you to run with a little more bow lift bravo xs an fs also run 1 inch light in pitch i have 24 xs bravo 1 an running 63-64 at 5850- 5900 rpm this prop is the one i would get 24 bravo 1 fs it will work the best i have run every thing on my 2300 hps 250 sho and this prop will tote the load all so be careful you can trim jack plate up and lose water presurepresure it stay hooked up high all the way up

Today, I was at the boat ramp at Punta R***a talking with the guides waiting for their sports. All the guys I spoke with are running B1 FS 22p, 5800rpms 63.5 MPH. Much faster than OFX4.. I'm going to try one this week.

My OFX4 19p runs very square all through RPM range, unless i'm in very bumpy conditions. 5800rpms at 58mph WFO full fuel, no tee top.

Today, I was at the boat ramp at Punta R***a talking with the guides waiting for their sports. All the guys I spoke with are running B1 FS 22p, 5800rpms 63.5 MPH. Much faster than OFX4.. I'm going to try one this week.

My OFX4 19p runs very square all through RPM range, unless i'm in very bumpy conditions. 5800rpms at 58mph WFO full fuel, no tee top.

If those guides are anything like b*** fisherman they are exaggerating 1-3 mph LOL!

More than once people have said their boat runs 75 and I would p*** them at 70.

Bravo is much,much faster than ofx4. On my boat it was a 3-4 mph difference

Keep us posted on how the bravo does. I am twisting my 19 ofx all the way and am going to get something with a little more pitch. I loved my worked bravo but the only issue is they are fragile once you have them balanced and blueprinted. It would be nice to have a stock one run good.

Robert, when you try the new prop and if you have time, test it in a variety of conditions. Like; hole-shot, running the surf, run against the current in swift inlets and turns. My original prop from the dealer (three blade Yamaha) would run 64 mph consistently, but would not preform well in turns, surf and swift inlets (constant slippage). Please let us know the results!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Archived